- Name: Traveon Samuel
- Height: 5’8
- Position: RB/Slot Reciever
- College: University of Lousiville 3years/Grad Tranfered to University of Memphis
- Twitter: @TraDay_DoThis
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My Hometown is Phenix City, Alabama, & what I love the most about it is that all my family is there & there’s nothing like home. I love how my city is very supportive and how we all come together to help each other.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength & Conditioning, Film Study, then Practice This is important in this order because it the good to start with a good workout to wake the body & brain up first then you hit the film room, take good notes & if watching with someone ask as many questions as possible, after film study you can take what you learn in the film room & apply it on the field to perfect your craft.
What do you worry about, and why?
•Not being a positive role model to all the kids that look at me as a roll model. They look for me to show them the way & I can’t let them down cause it more then just the kids in the community that looks up to me it’s kids in my family especially my little brother & my cousins that tells me that they want to be like me when they grow up. I can’t let them down.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• This football season I failed by not being a starter & was basically told I wasnt good enough. I reacted by keeping my head held high. I kept working hard & never let it get the best of me cause I’m not the first player to be told I’m not good enough. I use that as a stepping stone to make me go harder. I didn’t let that weigh me down way so I kept my pushing, stayed positive, & I was determined not to quit but to finished what I started. Most importantly it taught me life lessons.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Team player, Hard Working, Competitive and Dedicated
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jamal Adams
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a Coach, Personal trainer or Mentor.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would try to save all of them, I don’t want no one to feel like I didn’t try to help them. I want everyone to be saved.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I’ll be the HULK. He a big massive guy, Im a little bit smaller than the hulk but I have a heart of a hulk.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity I have faced in life was actually this football season not being a role able to contribute in the way I knew I could all because trust issues. I didn’t let the adversity get the best of me I kept my head up, stayed positive, I didn’t quit, & i finished what I started. Taught me more life lessons then anything.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I was told that I would be a great value to a team and once the season started I was told that I wasn’t good enough to be a started on the team. That was so embarrassing for me, my family traveled far to see me just stand on the sideline & with me this being my first season ever to have to just stay on sideline as a senior it was really hard on me but I never gave up!
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Running Kick Return back Against Clemson as a Freshmen.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hussle Hard – Ace Hood
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Speed, Knowledge of Game/Mental Toughness & My love for the game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I wouldnt bring no one back for just one day cause ill want that one day to last a lifetime.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Lovely Nights At The Tra.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Dalvin Cook RB & Tavon Austin WR.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because respect goes a long way & you don’t have to like me but you will respect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel I feel for him because he was young & made some real immature chioces. I feel could have made better decisions being the high caliber player he was.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to Lose so I’m give my all to WIN!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My Mom & Uncle has been the biggest influence in my life because they have always been there for me, they made sure I stayed on top of my education, they always had my back through it all. My mom raised my uncle so I looked up to her so much, she was a young single mother who did the best she could no matter what. They also pushed me to be the best me I can be no matter the circumstances.
Follow Us on Facebook