- Name: Timothy Perry
- Height: 6 Ft
- Weight: 280lb
- Position: DT/ NT
- College: Western New Mexico University
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Virginia Beach, VA where I was a two sport athlete, playing football and throwing Shotput and Discus. Also In my area we had a lot of military so fitness and being active as a child was part of the culture. VA is a great place to raise a family and everyone has a confidence / swagger about them that is unparalleled to the rest of the country. I love my hometown, VA 2 up 2 down.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Strength & conditioning, Film and Practice in that order. I say this because conditioning isn’t just your body but you mind. Yes physically you have to be able to play the game but mentally you have to train your mind just as hard as you do your body. Mental fatigue and errors separate the good teams from the great teams. Film and Practice are equal important because they help in preparation for the game. Film shows you their tendencies and practice helps you develop your strong ones.
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about not getting my opportunity to showcase my abilities, during this process I’ve realized that networking at all levels is key. I learn to let God be my guidance and it helped remove worry from my life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- When I was in the 11th grade in high school I was actually cut from my Varsity football team. I was not only hurt but discouraged and didn’t know if my football career would continue. I stayed in constant prayer and kept my head up about it and continued to work out. A few weeks later my football coach called me and brought me back to the team not only to play, but I ended up earning a spot in the starting rotation.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates say I’m very technical with my craft. Also I have been told my best quality is that I am tough, and I play aggressive.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- The best player I’ve played against was actually going into my senior year, I was training in San Diego and his name is Terry Poole, a San Diego state Alum and he ended up playing OT for the Seattle Seahawks.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If I couldn’t play the game I would definitely go into coaching it but at the University level and up preferably.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Room come first because I love to come home to some type of organization after a long day. My desk would be next so I have important dates, papers, and upcoming agenda to-dos in order, then my car and that’s because I keep it clean by nature.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would help as many people as I can but ultimately I would help my family. I would never want to see them in a bad situation. Especially if I can do something about it.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Black Panther, dude is a leader, he’s strong and a good representation of his people. I love his tenacity and his powers are dope as well.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My life has been full of adversity, ups and downs constantly. Graduating from high school I had zero offers no buzz or anything, so I took a chance and bet on myself by leaving Virginia Beach, VA and going the JUCO route in San Diego Ca. Who would have known a kid from VA beach who was written off would get a full scholarship and play at Western New Mexico University.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- I don’t have embarrassing moments
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- I remember during a qualifying bowl game I got a penalty for unnecessary roughness and it made me mad because the ref. only seen half of the altercation and I was flagged so when I got back in the game I really turned up by getting a sack and a few tackles for losses.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Lil Wayne – Go getta
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My strength and knowledge of the game can really separate me and help me flourish at the next level also I’ve been told I am coachable and consistent.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- I would bring back Nipsey Hussle with an urgency. That man was a community leader with so much free game to give.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- 7 5 Degrees
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- It’s Grady Jarret, he’s just now starting to get his recognition. Dude is a smaller 1 technique but he’s very efficient with a high motor.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected by far, when your respected there is an understanding that you don’t have to like me but you’ll respect me enough not to disrespect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Sean Taylor, I feel like he was supposed to be one of the greats, sadly his life was cut short.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose I never take an L as a Lost but as a Lesson. A lesson to get better and do better.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My son Troy and my Mother back at home. They really keep me going when times aren’t so good.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Tyler Witt, OL, Western Kentucky nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/tyler-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/u0nNW8NTJm
about 40 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: D.J. Moore Injury Update, Panthers WR suffered an Ankle/Achilles injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 46 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, Did the Raiders RB suffer a serious injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 56 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Doctors: Daniel Jones Injury Report, Giants QB suffered a hamstring injury nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/daniel…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- I’m getting 10 sacks twitter.com/realrico_bf/st…
about 2 hours ago