- Name: Taylor Jones-Morgan
- Height: 6’
- Weight: 220
- Position: Linebacker
- College: Southwest Baptist University
- Twitter: @taylorjonesTV
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is St. Louis. One thing I love about it there is the diversity, from the people, to the different environments
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Film study. It’s important to know what you’re supposed to do and why you’re doing it, scheme-wise and situationally.
2. Strength and Conditioning. That’s what gives you the advantage in out-performing your competition
3. Practice. Time dedicated to perfecting the film study and strength and conditioning on the field when it counts
What do you worry about, and why?
• My future. The uncertainty is a good thing because I can make it whatever I want, but it also stays on my mind most of the time
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Losing the starting linebacker job for part of the season my sophomore year in high school. It was hard to accept, but that it what created the work ethic and the determination I have to be the best at what I do.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Resilience. Never quitting or giving up, no matter what the score or situation is.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Al Mckeller from U Indy
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Broadcasting or a sports analyst
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room. It’s where I spend the most time out of the three
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member. My family is super important to me and any chance I get to save or help them, I’m taking it
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Robert McCall from the movie The Equalizer. He is so smooth and relaxed with handling issues. Gotta watch the movie to really see what I’m talking about.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Probably financial situation. Not always being able to have everything I wanted or things that could’ve helped me more. Having to make the best out of what I was able to have and able to do.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• walking to school in high school and slipped on ice and fell in the middle of a four-lane street
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My interception against Truman State on ESPN3. That was a big moment in a close game on national TV
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Places You’ll Go by Majornine
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Resilience. There will be times things don’t go your way, but what happens after that and determines future success depends on how you respond
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandpa, to make up for lost time
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Marshon Lattimore
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. That holds value and means people see and recognize the work you’re doing
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. With his talent, if he focused, he probably would’ve been one of those players everybody mentioned as one of the best
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother. All the sacrifices she’s made and things she’s done for me. All that has shown me the value of selflessness, hard work, and resilience. She’s always picked me up when I was down and made me a priority. The biggest motivator I have is providing for her being able to help her experience luxury to reward her for all her sacrifices
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Both the Pac-12 and the Mountain West are back playing football in the fall! nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/pac-12… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 mins ago
- Last Chance:There are 11 teams in the NFL that are 0-2 which team has the best shot to land Trevor Lawrence?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 9 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Austin Watkins Jr., WR, University of Alabama-Birmingham - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/austin…
about 22 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Austin Watkins Jr., WR, University of Alabama-Birmingham - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/austin…
about 23 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Dy’Jonn Turner, DB, University of Alabama-Birmingham - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/06/dyjonn…
about 24 mins ago