- Name: Tarek Dalou
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 175
- Position: CB
- College: Concordia University, Ann Arbor
- Twitter: @tarek_dalou
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Dearborn Heights, Michigan. What I love most about my hometown is the family culture and the great community it has.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• For me, #1 is Strength and Conditioning. Before I even get into X’s and O’s I must be in great physical shape if I want to perform at a high level. Next comes Film Study. I study my opponents and the down and distance, what plays they run in certain situations. I also study the receivers I will be going against and their releases, their posture and knowing when they will be running a route or will be blocking, and also their alignment on certain plays. The most important person I study is myself and knowing my weaknesses and what I need to work on to improve those weaknesses. Lastly is practice, practice makes perfect and you must practice at a high level every time if you want to play at a high level.
What do you worry about, and why?
• What worries me is the direction this world is going. With all of these horrible incidents and tragedies happening in this world, I worry that leaders in this world are not doing anything to prevent it in the future. I believe that we should be spreading more love than hate.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• During my junior year of high school, it was my second game starting and I had the worst game I’ve ever had. My coach pulled me out before the second half and benched me for the rest of the game. This definitely was emotional for me and I took it as a challenge. The next morning, I was in the hallway an hour and a half before our film session and this challenge brought out the best of me for the rest of the year. I went on the receive All-League recognition that same year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Skillset: Technique, Mindset: Toughness.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Ashton Dulin who now plays for the Indianapolis Colts.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Mortgage Underwriter.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would save one family member. The reason for this is importance and who is more important to me. I love my family and value family over anything.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Mark Wahlberg playing Vince Papale in the movie “Invincible” because it shows that all he needed was a chance at a tryout for the NFL and he took advantage of it.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity that I have faced in my life is going to a high school 30 minutes away and not knowing anybody. I met some great friends, coaches, teachers and I am so grateful for the direction god took me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My incoming freshman year in college our team worked a Country Music Festival and when the bus left to go home, I noticed I forgot my phone at the festival tent 15 minutes down the road. I had to make the bus turn around and I didn’t know any of my teammates yet.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career took place my junior year of college against our rivals St. Francis. We were winning 7-3 and there was around two minutes remaining where their offense ran a hook and ladder on the opposite side of the field from me. I immediately saw it and took the best pursuit angle to track the receiver down and tackle him in what would’ve been a game winning touchdown. Our defense ended up stopping them for four straight downs after that to seal the game. I’ve had interceptions, big hits, pass deflections but this is more important to me because pursuit and not giving up on plays wins games.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Wins & Losses by Meek Mill.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• To help me succeed at the next level, I think an important trait to have is dedication. Football is life and if I have dedication to this great game it will be hard for me to not perform at a great level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back Martin Luther King Jr., he had such an impact on this world with his efforts fighting segregation and inequality.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Block.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Brandon Graham, DE Philadelphia Eagles.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because respect is key in anything you do in life especially in the work world.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman. A false allegation ruined his career for life, and he would be in the NFL right now. I feel for him because he worked so hard towards his goal to make it and it took somebody lying about him to ruin his career.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. If you hate to lose that means you have a winner’s mentality.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My dad has been my biggest influence in my life. I’ve seen him overcome adversity and work hard to get what he wants in life and he’s the biggest reason why I have such a great work ethic. He motivates me to succeed.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Seahawks offensive lineman Chad Wheeler arrested for felony domestic violence nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/chad-w… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Packers QB Aaron Rodgers shoots down the rumors that he wants to leave Green Bay nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 49 mins ago
- Buccaneers WR Scott Miller believes he can beat Tyreek Hill in a race nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/tyreek… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pZJ3OcPDp4
about 58 mins ago
- 2021 3-Round NFL Mock Draft presented by @DraftGuyJimmy nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mock-d… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/vdjZLT4vIq
about 1 hour ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Jarell White, LB/S, Cincinnati nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/jarell… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ZI8ghbCeyC
about 1 hour ago