- Name: Savohn Hunt
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 315
- Position: Nose Guard / Defensive Tackle
- College: Ave Maria University
- Twitter: @iiiamthefuturee
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m born and raised in Fort Washington, Maryland. I love how diverse it is and how close it is to the city and how close I am to all of my family.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, film study, and then practice.
Strength and conditioning, I put first because no matter how prepared you are mentally if you can only play 1-3 plays at a time you’re limiting your effectiveness and thus your time on the field. Also, if you come to camp out of shape you are already behind the curb and show your coaches that football, and the team, are not our main priority. I put film study second because that is how you give yourself an advantage each and every week. If you can anticipate and estimate what the other team is doing or how the man in front of you is attacking, you then you can put yourself in position to beat him before the play even starts. Lastly I put practice, not to say that practice is not important. Practice is how you hone your skills and prepare physically for the game but everybody practices so the other two give you an advantage.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry a lot about my future. The future is unknown to us all and the decisions we make today form our future. This thought echoes as I wake up for 8am classes, during every rep, and just a good amount throughout the day.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I would say that one of my biggest failures is how I wasn’t not always around for my nephew and due to that he went down a slippery slope and I feel that is partially my fault for not being there when he needed me and now these days I try to be there more as a masculine figure and a big brother in his life because as a young man/ teenager a role model’s value is astronomical.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would say that my teammates would say off the field I am a very nice and light-hearted person but when in a football setting I flip the switch and I’m the biggest competitor who will give my all to win.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Matthew Castner is probably the best player who I played against, we had quite the match-up this past season the game went to OT and we unfortunately we lost but match-ups and games like those are why you play football. Ultimately we battled but I made my fair share of plays during that game.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a strength and conditioning coach, it’s the best of both worlds, I get to use my degree, help student-athletes take their game to the next level and still be around sports. That sounds like a win-win situation to me.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I clean my room first, then my desk and then I would clean my car.
I would clean the room first because I can’t handle a dirty room, my desk would be next because it is in my room and then my car if I had one
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Honestly I would try my hardest to save both but I would have to go with the three strangers. Yes of course I would be heart broken to lose a family member of my own but those three strangers have 3 families and if I didn’t save them that’s 3 families who are going through heart break and I would hate for anyone to experience that lost because of me. Also I know my family members would also want me to save the strangers.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would have to go with the Incredible Hulk, that’s me in nut shell calm and reserved off the field but when the pads come on I turn into a different person. It’s almost like its too different people.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life would probably have to be my speech impediment. It was very hard for me to talk and when I did I was often made fun of so that made me not want to. But with speech classes and help from many advisers I was finally able to overcome it, but it still acts up from time to time so it is a constant battle but I’m comfortable saying that I am winning.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is when I accidentally split my pants during the school day and had to walk around with gym shorts on with a button up shirt and tie on for half of the school day.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my college career was the final play of my Junior season watching the clock hit 0:00 knowing that we all accomplished something that could never be done winning a sun division championship and more importantly for me it was one of the first goals I set and finished for myself.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Work Hard Play Hard by Wiz Khalifa, put the work in while the lights are off and nobody is watching and you can play to the best of your ability and put on a show when the lights are on.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait you can have at the next level is the ability to be coachable. You have to think the coaches are not trying to lead you astray as they have the same goals as you so being coachable is only going to help you get to where you want to be.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back my grandfather, I never really got the chance to know him all too well but if he raised my dad I would love to meet the man who did it. Knowing that if I ever become half the men they are then I will be more than happy.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Hunt
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I would have to say Geno Atkins, I know he is getting up there in age as a football player by the still has a lot left in the tank and I am tired of people not mentioning him when they talk about the best defensive linemen in the game.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Who says that you can’t be liked and respected. I’d argue that you can be both. The two are not opposites that are at odds with each other but it is easy for everyone to respect you if they like you in the first place.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I have go with Johnny Manziel he had all the talent in the world, he was an undersized player who had his own style of play that was exciting but he got too caught up in the fame and now he is someone who people use as an example of what not to do.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Honestly I hate to lose. From playing football to even playing board games with friends and family, I hate losing, and it shows.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad JR Hunt has hands down been the biggest influence on my life! He has instilled my values into me, and he shows me day in and day out that how a man should act and how a little hard work never hurts. He lives by a quote that I often find myself saying from time to time in my lowest moments. That is The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. – Martin Luther King
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Head Coach Rankings After Six Weeks of NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/head-c… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4Sk2d8FsBw
about 16 mins ago
- Did You See This:Best surprising draft picks of the past decade nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/surpri… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/MZ4O5hijp5
about 18 mins ago
- ICYMI:Son and Father shot at a Youth Football game in Florida, Father’s dead nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/youth-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Small School Prospect Rankings with over 1000 Players nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2021-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 24 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Big Board | Top 100 | NFL Draft Diamonds nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2021-n… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/FZG7RDjuK6
about 38 mins ago