- Name: Ryon Holmes
- Height: 6’2”
- Weight: 190
- Position: CB
- College: Avila University
- Twitter: @ElJefeHolmes
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Im from Houston, what I love most about, I would say the people or how downtown look at night.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film, Practice, then Strength and Conditioning, I put film first because when going against a opponent I want to know what the tendencies are ,what nuances their receivers have, and then strength and weaknesses. I put practice second because it gives me time to work my craft and i can see what will work and what wont work. Then S&C because no matter how strong u are it wont really matter if the man your going against has a better technique against you, but sont get me wrong it is a big part of the process.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I think I worry about what people will say or do if I am to fail at something. I say that because me personally I don’t like letting people down when they put a lot of faith in me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I would have to say when I failed a exam, I reacted as if i thought i knew the answers but over coming it i just talked to my professor and asked what i could do to improve it and studied harder then retook the exam and passed.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Either my height and versatility or how cocky i am when it coming to one on one matchups
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• This is a tough one, but i would have to say Jafar Thomas from Bethany College last year as a junior he gave me a run for my money with him being a senior.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Architecture or Graphic Design
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Desk, Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose a family member, because at the end of the day when all goes bad, you can always count on your family to have your back.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Spider Man, just because the fact he might be undersized most of the time but he uses his strengths to their weaknesses toovercome his battles.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Midterms, were kind of rough and i had to get certain grades up or i wouldn’t be eligible, but overcoming it was just about cutting out the extra stuff and getting the work done.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Most embarrassing moment, would have to be getting crossed in basketball when i was a sophomore in highschool.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I would say my Pick 6.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• “Destined” by YFN Lucci or “Need Sum’ Mo” by Derez De’Shon
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I would say your mental, if you dont have that, there’s nothing, thats what either keeps you going or tells you you your done.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandfather, just so he could see how im doing now, and also cause he taught me a lot growing up and memories i will never forget.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• UC’s Jet Lounge
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Lamar Jackson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, its a lot that comes with being liked. Respect will take you farther than just being liked by people.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Mike Vick or Sean Taylor just because they were both in their prime when events occurred.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Absolutely hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents and God. My parents always encourage me to push harder and nothings achievable without God himself.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds