- Name: Randy Baker
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 170
- Position: WR
- College: University of South Dakota
- Twitter: @Randybaker21
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Im from Daytona Beach FL, what I like most about my hometown is the Daytona 500 I was big into Nascar growing up and was a big Dale Jr. fan
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• The most important thing to me is film study I believe you should know your opponent inside and out. Next is practice because preparation for how you going to attack your opponent and the mental processes of what will and won’t work against different coverages should be executed at a high level by game time. Last is strength and conditioning I still believe this is important but not everyone is giftedly strong or fast. So it’s how much work you put in to keep you playing at the highest level possible.
What do you worry about, and why?
• If a Scout is going to over look me because of my size. My heart is what matters and I know my ability will allow me to compete with the best of them. I don’t want to be over looked by my size
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My true freshman year later in the fourth quarter I could of caught a pass that would of gotten us a closer field goal but I drop the pass and we ended up kicking the field goal short. I sat in the locker hours after the game crying feeling I let the team down when everyone was telling me it was ok but it wasn’t acceptable for me. Next week in practice I made a vow to not to drop a pass all week in practice.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Im the leader that people don’t notice when it came to my teammates on the field I was always giving them advice to help them out. I was always putting smiles on people face.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Jalen Hurts he a true baller
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would get into med school and follow in my grandfather footsteps after im done with football that’s my plan.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room first but I don’t like when my cat dirty either that’s a lot of people first impression on you.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• My family member, the values of family are important
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Rock, he has many different personalities and than he has that go getter attitude
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Bigger adversity I had to deal with people telling me I wont make it because I’m too little not big enough. I just put in the work and proved everyone wrong
What is your most embarrassing moment?
•Most embarrassing moment when I was riding my bike when I was 12 and crashed into my friend in front of a group of people
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first touchdown on our homecoming game when I scored and end up sitting on the dude in the touchdown
What song best describes your work ethic?
• TBH it’s to many to choose just one
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Being very energetic
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather he meant so much to me and its thing I want to say to him that I didn’t get to
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Lilrando’s spot
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Stefon Diggs
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected!! Respect takes you a long way in this world
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon because he’s a beast and his career could have flourished
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to Lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mom she has played the Mom and Dad role my whole life and stuck by my side through the bad and good times