- Name: Raidarious Anderson
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 198
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Alcorn State University
- Twitter: @Darious_a
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Oakland, Tennessee it’s a small town in Fayette County just about 30 minutes outside of Memphis, and the thing I love about it the most is that everyone pretty much knows each other, and gets along really well, so it’s not a lot of violence going on.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Well, I would first have to go with strength and conditioning. I say that because if you’re not in shape your pretty useless on any level. Secondly, I would have to go with film study. This is a very vital part of the game, if you know what the opposition’s strengths and weaknesses are then it makes things way easier for you in game situations, especially during crunch time. Finally, I say practice. I put this one last because this is where you hone in what you’ve learned/gained during your training, and film study in the offseason as well as during the week of preparation prior to the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t really worry a lot, I know that God makes no mistakes, and whatever he has planned for me cannot be stopped by no one.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• The first time I lost playing basketball with my uncle when we were younger really really got under my skin and it was feeling that I couldn’t shake until we played again and I come out victorious. And ever since then no matter what the situation is, even when my backs against the wall I will not quit, I will not let it beat me, no matter how long it takes.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I would say my work ethic, I’m always trying to put in work to get better at my craft. Whatever it takes, Jugs machine, extra time in the weight room, film study, cone drills, and even extra stretching with the trainers, I try to stay on top of it the best I can.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Danny Johnson from Southern, the impact that he had from the cornerback position was so versatile. He Returned kicks, punts, and played the ball just as well as a wide out.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would maybe be a Coach, I think it would be interesting dealing with a bunch of different personalities and getting them all to come together too play as one.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• For starters it would be my room off top, you can’t lay your head in filth. Next would be my desk, gotta keep things organized and in place. Last but not least, I would clean my car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• In a perfect world I would love to save everyone but I have to go with my family member, simply because family is everything to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would go with television character Goku from Dragon ball Z. Why? Well because he will do anything to keep his family, and friends safe at all cost, he was also deemed a low class warrior and exceeded everyone’s expectations, and surpassed everyone. That just shows hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When my grandmother was first diagnosed with breast cancer. It really really Hurt me inside, she means so much to me, and does so much for the family I just prayed and prayed and sure enough she beat it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I was playing on the basketball team and I air balled a wide open lay up, yeah I heard about that for the rest of that year and then some.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• When I scored my first touchdown my redshirt freshman season against southern. It was a slant and go, I had great hands at the point of attack and was able to keep the ball on my outside shoulder and let it fall in the bucket.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Nipsey Hussle “Hussle and motivate”
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• It would doing whatever it takes to be the best I can be, making sure that I control what I can control and stay consistent.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be my little cousin Keithen “Snoopy” Taylor, he was killed in a car accident and he was only 7 years old. He was always happy and full of life, he kept a smile on his face, taken away way too soon.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it “Out Wide Bar & Lounge” I use “Out Wide” because I play wide receiver aka wide out.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Mike Evans, he has such a big frame on the field and can come in and out of his breaks just as well as anyone in the league and his hands are always consistent.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected, because if you go around trying to get everyone to like you then your gonna drive yourself crazy.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, I use him because he is extremely talented and was on track to be arguably the best receiver in the game, but is always held back because of his problems off the field. And I hate that for him because the sky is really the limit for this man I hope he can get it together, too much talented to go to waist
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. It’s nothing like preparing all summer/week and stepping on the field and watching everything fall in place just as planned no matter what.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My grandmother Debra Murrell. She is the biggest influence in my life because she is such a caring and loving person who works so hard for our family and keeps us on track with everything we do, she is the real anchor of my family and I love her to death and I wanna do nothing more than to make her proud and keep a smile on her face.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Dolphins name Tua Tagovailoa their starting quarterback over Ryan Fitzpatrick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/tua-ta… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- MLB DFS October 20: World Series Game 1 ift.tt/2HkUyHN
about 44 mins ago
- ICYMI:Head Coach Rankings After Six Weeks of NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/head-c… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/4Sk2d8FsBw
about 52 mins ago
- Did You See This:Best surprising draft picks of the past decade nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/surpri… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/MZ4O5hijp5
about 53 mins ago
- ICYMI:Son and Father shot at a Youth Football game in Florida, Father’s dead nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/youth-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 59 mins ago