- Name: Pat Porter
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 183
- Position: Cornerback/NickelBack
- College: Jacksonville State/ Saint Marys University
- Twitter: @Pat_Porter11
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. What i would say i love most about my hometown most is probably that its small and full of challenges. Many people don’t make it where i’m from so that kinda drives me to switch the narrative. Kind of like the underdog story nobody expects you to win and until you win.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice? Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning
- I say Film 1st because it allows you to see small mistakes you make and also helps you prepare for an opponent without stepping foot on the field yet. Film helps you breakdown the game. Without film the game/players wouldn’t be what they are today.
- I say practice 2nd because you can never get enough practice. Practice is where you perfect your craft, and also learn about your game. Practice allows a player to take his skills to another level. The more you practice the better you get depending how efficient you practice.
- I say Strength and conditioning 3rd because ive played and 3 different levels and what ive noticed is that everybody can play small, big, weak or strong. Strength and conditioning allows you to become a beast. Strength and conditioning is the hard work that has to be put in order to be great in this game while being healthy. Without Strength and conditioning it would be hard to compete at a high level.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Honestly i don’t think i worry about anything really. I try to live day by day never get to high never get to low no matter the situations.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- One example of when i failed is my 9th grade year playing in the jv hoover tournament. We lost in the 2nd round, I played terrible and was supposed to help carry the team to a win but I didn’t. My initial reaction following the game was work harder and do better no time to feel bad for myself or for anyone else to. I did exactly that worked hard and kept my head down knowing i would have another chance the following year and i capitalize this time bringing back the championship my 10th grade year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I would say my teammates probably say my Work ethic is my best quality.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- The Best player I’ve ever played against in college is Marcus Mariota
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If I wasn’t playing football I probably would be teaching or coaching at a high school somewhere.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- Desk, car, room
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would have to save 1 family member.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would have to pick Luke cage of marvel it’s a tv show that runs on netflix. Luke was a normal person until used for an experiment that went wrong. When he came back he returned with unbreakable skin and super strength. He used his powers to fight crime and protect his community from and danger and I feel that’s what I would do if I had a chance to have his powers.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- I believe my biggest adversity in life is just growing up as a young African American man. So many challenges and obstacles you go through from dealing with things you can control and also things you can’t control. I see Myself breaking that cycle and judgment about all young African American kids everywhere.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment is probably slipping on an icy road for the first time my freshman year of college. I just slipped right in the middle of traffic it was terrible at the time and kind of dangerous.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Most memorable play of college is probably my 1st pass deflection against Stanford. It was big for me to be playing as a true freshman and so happen we were playing on espn that night.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Roddy Rich – War Baby
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Non-Physical because at the next level everyone is good so at that point it becomes a mental game.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- If i could bring back one person from the dead for one day i would bring back my Great Grandmother Rebbeca Evans. My Grandmother just meant so much to me we had an irreplaceable bond. She always did whatever she could to help me no matter if she had it or not. She was the one person I knew was going to call and check on me everyday.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- If I opened a dance club I would name it “New Wave”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- I would have to go with Casey hayward, he’s a baller.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would say I rather be respected over someone liking me. You don’t have to like anybody to show respect. Many times in life we will have to make choices to better ourselves and some people will dislike you for that but they should still respect you. I feel like liking someone is more like appreciation and respect is more like a feeling.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I would have to go with Aaron hernandez do to the severity of his situation. Aaron Hernandez was going to be a hall of fame player but let his off the field issues cause him his job and ultimately his life. Very sad story to see someone with so much potential lose everything and take their own life from off the field issues.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I Love To Win!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- The person who has the biggest influence on my life is my Brother Richard Jenkins Rest in Peace to him he past this year from gun violence. My brother was definitely my biggest influence growing up in a house with 4 boys and him being the oldest. I Always wanted to be like him but he always taught me to be better. Every mistake he made i learned from all the bad things he did allowed me to see what not to do. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be half the person I am now.