- Name: Owen Tyler
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 255
- Position: TE/FB
- College: University of Delaware
- Twitter: @owen21tyler
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from West Hartford, CT. It’s a relatively large town outside of the state capital. I love it because there are so many different of all the great memories I had here growing up as a kid playing sports.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice first because it is where the muscle memory comes that is necessary to be successful on the field. The practice field is where good habits are formed that are taken into gameday. Second is film study. Knowing an opponent inside and out can often be the edge needed to win a game. Third is strength and conditioning. Without it, the game can not be played at a high level so it is vital to focus on year round training.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I do not worry too much about any one thing. I’ve always felt that life has a way to work itself out and that trusting & believing in what I do, I will find success.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed after not making all conference my junior year. I felt I was good as any player who made it over me and it forced me to work even harder in the offseason to prove my worth to those who may have doubted me.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My passion for the game. I Aim to bring the best out of teammates through my enthusiasm towards practice, film, lifts, and gameday. I play every play like it is the play that will win us the game.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Troy Reeder. I got to practice against him for 3 years and am a better player for it. His size/speed/strength/toughness is unmatched and it has shown with his success with the Rams this season. Going against him in practice has made games easier for me when I face other opponents.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would like to go into the sport marketing business.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, desk, car.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because of the love they give me. I know they would do the same for me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Will Smith from I Am Legend. He saved an entire civilization and made the ultimate sacrifice which was awesome.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I had labrum surgery on both of my shoulders in 2017. It hurt a lot that I missed a season with my teammates. I had to attack rehab for Over a year to heal up again. I have not missed a game in 2 years since my surgery and I’m proud of that.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• The first day of classes having to get up and leave in the middle of class after realizing I’m in the wrong classroom.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first ever touchdown against Villanova as a sophomore. I remember the play call and everything. One of the best feelings I’ve ever had.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Won’t back down – Tom Petty
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Passion for the game. Football is the hardest sport in the world so having a true love for all the aspects that go into being great is necessary to succeed. Even when it looks like the odds are against me, I know that I’ll always prepare and play as hard as anyone just because it’s what I love to do.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• MLK, he is just one of the greatest and most intelligent men to ever walk the earth.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Troy Reeder. He went undrafted and has already made a big impact in his rookie season. I know with his work ethic he has a great chance to become a household name in the NFL.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I prefer to be respected. The ultimate goal in football is for teammates and opponents to respect you. Not everyone will like me but, but I know I will be respected if I go about my business with passion and integrity.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. It is tough to see someone have addiction creep into their life and have it negatively effect them.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win. I play the game to win, I don’t play to not lose. Whenever I’m working hard, I’m imagining myself in the championship game or some other big moment and being successful.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My oldest brother Nathan. He’s one of the toughest football players I’ve ever watched and hardest workers as well. He’s always looked out for me and made sure I’m doing the right things on and off the field so that I can be successful. I owe a large portion of my success to him because he has gone to great lengths to train and mentor me. Whenever I get any type of news, good or bad, he is always the first person I call.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Week 2 QB Index, Josh Allen has a huge jump after beating Dolphins nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/qb-ind… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:Week 1 QB Index, Mahomes Not Top 3? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-1… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/nTawNfjWax
about 2 hours ago
- ICYMI:These NFL fan bases need to relax it has only been two weeks nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fan-ba… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/G9CINzUm9a
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for September 22, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago