- Name: Montavius Gaines
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 190
- Position: DB
- College: Southern University
- Twitter: taygaines5
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I’m from Ellabell Georgia, and I love how country it is.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Practice, Film Study, strength and conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
- I worry about my family and their health, I’m a afraid to lose them but I understand everyone must go someday.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Failed on my senior classes, afterwards I worked on my work ethics and time management skills.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My knowledge
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Devante Kincade
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Criminal Investigator
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Family, because family takes care of one another
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- The Hulk, because I have two sides to me: one side is loving and sympathetic and the other side of me can be short tempered and anger.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- My dad being locked up unable to be in my life physically, however he is emotionally and mentally. I’ve continued to strive in life and reach my goals to make him proud from a far.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- Crying to my mom when I got my wisdom teeth taken out, because she bought me the wrong flavor ice cream
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- Playing against Alabama A&M in 2019, I had a pass break up while the score was tied in result we won the game.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Destined by YFN Lucci
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- Height, speed, and play making ability
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- My grandmother Loretta , I want her to see all that I have accomplished thus far in life and to meet her grandchildren.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Blue Diamond
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Shaq Lawson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected, because respect goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Colin Kaepernick, he was only standing up for what he believes in
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Love you win
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My Mother, being a single mother able to provide for three children along with taking in two of her brothers to raise, motivates me to help others and be a strong foundation for my family.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:Vanderbilt’s kicker this week will be Sarah Fuller! The first woman to participate in a Power 5 footbal… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 31 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Branden Hohenstein, TE, Abilene Christian… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Friday Night NFL Injury Report for Week 12 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/11/week-1… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for November 27, 2020, Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:Vanderbilt’s kicker this week will be Sarah Fuller! The first woman to participate in a Power 5 fo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago