- Name: Michael Alvarez
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 195
- Position: CB/FS
- College: Texas A&M Kingsville
- Twitter: @M1kePAlvarez
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
I’m from Houston, Tx. Houston is the best city in the WORLD. The one thing I can say I love is the sports culture that surrounds the city. Full of Astros fans, Rockets fans, and Texans fans.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning -You can’t perform at your optimal level if you aren’t in shape. Plus conditioning also test your mental strength and how far you can push your body.
Film study – Film study is important because this is where your learn from mistakes. I watch film for technique errors, formations, WR tendencies, Down and distance situations, etc. It helps me be able to anticipate and take chances. I can gain an advantage on my matchup just by watching how they play and it helps me play faster. Practice – Practice is where you get a chance to better yourself. I take practice seriously because it’s the time for me to get better and sharpen up mentally and physically. From the mental aspect, you get a chance to see what your opponent is doing and how you will attack. You get a feel for the plays and calls you will be running that week. You are also put into different scenarios so you can be prepared for your opponent. From the physical aspect, it’s still a chance for your to work your technique and compete to get better. It’s also important because it’s improving your conditioning for the game in the upcoming week.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family and my own personal success. I want to be able to provide for my entire family and make sure that we are able to be comfortable and don’t have to worry about anything. When it comes to me, I want to accomplish everything I set out to do. I get stressed because in my head because I never feel like I’m doing enough or things may not be happening the way I want. I’m always thinking about what more I can do.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I’ve failed at many things. One thing I’m particular was being cut from my junior college team. I just took it as a lesson. It made me work harder and attack my weaknesses. The next semester I tried out and made it. Eventually I was put on scholarship. You’re gonna fail at something. It’s just how you learn from it and bounce back.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates tell me the appreciate me just being humble and hard working. I never want to be known as arrogant. No matter what level of success I achieve, I know where I have came from and what it took to get here. I also give 100% in everything I do. I take everything about football serious. From the training room to the field. Everything matters.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kendall Sheffield
What would your career be if you couldn’t playfootball?
• I would probably either be Coaching or training and developing athletes.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room is the first thing that I will clean. I cant think straight if my room is a mess.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Very tough question. It’s hard to answer because I don’t really feel one life is more important than the other but I had to choose it would probably be my loved one.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would probably be Superman. Who wouldn’t want to be Superman?
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I broke my fibula in junior college during my last semester. I was being recruited heavily by different colleges and it all got took away. I went through surgery and took a year off for physical therapy. I had learn to do everything again. Just walking normal was a struggle. Trying to learn how to trust my ankle again on and off the field was tough. I never though I was going to play football but I just had one of the best seasons of my life.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Not knowing how to parallel park on a date.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Big hit vs Angelo State University.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Never Stop by Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Perseverance. I’m built for it. Not many can say that. I have an underdog mentality.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Dad. He died when I was younger. Just curious to know what it would be like to have that fatherly guidance and support.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Real
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I have so many. At the moment, Lamar Jackson in my opinion.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Respect takes you a long way. You don’t have to like me, but please respect me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown because I admire his work ethic. He is an amazing talent and one of the best players in the history of the league. I wanted to see him take it even higher than he already did.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose in anything. I’m very competitive.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My Mom. Always has been there to guide me and keep me grounded. She is hard working and determined. I get my perseverance and attitude from her. Without her I don’t know where I would be.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for September 25, 2020; Roster Cuts, Signings, and Daily Workouts - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr…
about 7 mins ago
- Fantasy Football Friday FLEX: Joshua Kelley, RB, LA Chargers - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/joshua…
about 7 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 25, 2020; Roster Cuts, Signings, and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 8 mins ago
- That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Ryan Roberts, Director of Scouting NFL Draft Bible - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ryan-r…
about 8 mins ago
- Can Jackson State pry his Deion’s son Shedeur away from Florida Atlantic? - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/shedeu…
about 9 mins ago