- Name: Matthew Williams
- School: Seton Hill University
- Position: Wide/Slot Receiver
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 200 lbs.
- Twitter: Matty_Will83
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is in Eastvale, California. What I love most about it, is the family atmosphere, and how the city is invested into the youth
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• 1. Film Study: You have to see what you’re up against, along with understanding what needs to be corrected on your end in order to be successful. 2. Practice: Repetition is how you master the technique. Just like one can master the technique with practice, without it causes bad habits. 3. Strength and Conditioning: In order to get the most out of your body you have to train it right, in order to get prepared for the next contest.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about setting the right example for the people that may look up to me. I know my role models have set the right path for me to take, and it has led me to an encouraging place in my life, I just hope that I can do the same for others.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Earlier in the season I didn’t have one of my best games, I struggled to make plays and got in my own head. I failed at clearing my head and just playing the game the way I knew how. Frustrated at first, I decided to forget about it, and focus on what was next. Preparing the following week I saw what I did wrong on film, managed to have a really good week of preparation, and came in ready for the upcoming game. I ultimately had a good game, and came away with the game winning touchdown to cap it off.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I believe my teammates would say I will give my all in any situation in order to win.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have ever played against in college is my teammate Fardan Allen.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I could not pay football, I would seek to become a general manager of a professional sports team (preferably football).
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my work space first (Desk), so that I can have a clear head while working.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose to save my family member. My family is everything to me, and has raised me to be the man I am today, and I would risk anything for them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I can be a movie character I would be Mike Lowry in “Bad Boys”, I like his character because he gets the job done by any means necessary.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was overcoming my first injury in the 2018 football season. I tore my quad tendon, and when I could not come back healthy enough to play it hurt my drive to keep going afterwards. I began to feel apathetic towards working out, and getting back in shape. One thing that helped me overcome this, was being able to start slow and eventually work myself back to getting in shape, instead of going 100 miles an hour right away. By doing that I became discipline, and when I started to see results, I was encouraged to keep going.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My first year of college I fell asleep through a lecture class and woke up in the middle of another lecture class. It was about 200 people in this class, and I sat in the third row towards the middle. Once I realized I was in the wrong class, I got up to leave and while I was walking, from the side of my eye I saw some people recording me.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Most memorable play of my college career was making the game winning catch on homecoming.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Instrument by Travis Greene
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait that I have is discipline, I believe that will help me succeed on the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring my grandfather back, because I was never able to meet him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would probably find a creative way to name it after myself.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Jarvis Landry
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would choose respect, because I would rather have the space to be who I am without being judged.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Michael Vick; I believe he made one bad mistake, and because of it, it hurts him in some situations today.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents; my father has taught me how to be a man, in rejecting passivity, accepting responsibility, and leading courageously. My mother continues to speak life into me, and encourages me day in and day out.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: William Waddell, OL, Western Illinois University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: William Waddell, OL, Western Illinois University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Gianni D’Arienzo, DB, William Jewell College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/gianni…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- For example, if you went to the store today you walked by probably 50 people who were not vaccinated and not wearin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- For all the people that are going nuts and saying Beasley will get his teammates sick, that could happen. But anyo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...