- Name: Marquese Moore
- Height: 5090
- Weight: 175
- Position: CB
- College: Edinboro University
- Twitter: @MooreIsland4
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Aliquippa, PA where we live off of football. It’s two seasons in Aliquippa… (football season and not football season). The thing I love most about Quip is that everybody knows everybody. Small city and everyone is close.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, Strength and conditioning, then practice. Studying your opponent is key to succeeding on Saturdays and Sundays. Strength and conditioning second because it’s important to maintain strength during the season. Also important to lift and stretch when it comes to muscle imbalances and soreness. Then practice, throughout the week you’re going against the scout team learning what the other team is doing so practice is important for you to properly read your keys for in game situations.
What do you worry about, and why?
• One thing I worry about is failing. I feel like I work so hard to get what I want and sometimes I think about “what if I put in all this work and I don’t reach my goal”
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A time when I failed was this past fall camp. I set a goal to be a starter for the first game of the season but I failed to meet that goal. The way I overcame the situation was being patient. I waited for my opportunity and when I got my opportunity I ran with it and started the last 5 games of the season.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Motivational. One thing I say is you never know what somebody is going through. Throughout the year I checked on some teammates. Some of them really was going through it; rather it’s being home sick, playing time, or even relationship problems. I would talk to them and give advice on how to get through those situations.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Ta’Nauz Gregory in practice. I remember in 2016 I would go against him in practice and would get beat almost every time. He would say I was sorry everyday. BUT… this year I got him back. I’m pretty sure I won the match up this year in practice. Especially in the Red-zone period.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• If I couldn’t play football I would be a strength and conditioning coach or an Athletic Director. I need to still be around sports.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room. I make my bed every morning because that’s the good start to your day.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member. I love everybody but family is one of the most important things to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Flash from the incredibles. I mean who wouldn’t want to be fast.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My whole life I’ve dealt with adversity with football. Was told I wouldn’t make it in college football. Got to college and was told I wouldn’t probably play. Instead of folding and quitting, I stayed the course and waited my time. Now, I have two records at Marietta College and started multiple games as a D2 and D3 football player.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was in 6th grade I was late for school and forgot to brush my teeth and had to go through the whole school day with my breath stinking. And that day NOBODY had a piece of gum.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My interception against Clarion on Senior night. We needed a big play at that moment of the game and I made the play.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Beat The Odds by Derez De’Shon
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Humility. You have to be humble because if you fail or don’t reach a certain goal you have to stay the course and continue to work to get to where you want to be.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My God Dad RJ. He’s the reason I play this sport. He played football at Cal U of PA and was on his way to the league. When I talk to him I always say I wish I could’ve just had one workout with him just so we can compete.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it Reach for the Stars
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Vernon Hargreaves III
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. If people respect you that means they appreciate what you do.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown. He has had an impact on the league for years and the way people y’all down on him over something so little as a helmet is outrageous to me.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother. Throughout my whole life I’ve been face with adversity but the one thing my mother has taught me was that we don’t quit. Start what you finish and prove doubters wrong.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Earthquake on the East Coast what this is not good
about 1 hour ago
- You cannot bear fruit by yourself. Invite the Lord in and become prosperous in fruit! The man does not make mistak… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/au8ZCs46VR
about 3 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/L5MEP8jcAB
about 6 hours ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for August 8, 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/nfl-tr… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cHmF3EfhJO
about 9 hours ago