- Name: Malik Wilder
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 185
- Position: DB
- College: University of Rhode Island
- Twitter: _Mwilder
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from the Bronx and my favorite thing about growing up there is the culture and how close everything is. I can walk down the block and pass 5 different restaurants.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice is the most important because that’s where I am able to get the repetitions needed to play the game.
Film follows practice, because understanding the other teams schemes and tendencies prepare me for what to expect during the game. The game is mostly mental.
Strength and conditioning is the last piece because the body needs to be kept healthy, in shape and strong enough to compete.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family and being able to help them out in any way I can.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In the beginning of my Junior year in college I did not get much play time. I considered this a failure and worked tirelessly until I started .
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My ability to keep myself and teammates calm during adverse situations.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Nasir Adderly
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Desk, Car
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member because they are more valuable to me than 3 strangers
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Black Panther, he was a king and led his people in an honorable way.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
•My biggest adversity was going to junior college. I worked as hard as I could in the classroom and on the field to earn a scholarship and get out of there.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• One of my first games playing pop warner I got juked and fell on the opponent’s sideline.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I caught a interception in the first game of the season against the University of Delaware in front of a sold out crowd in a new stadium.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Heavy Heart- Meek Mill
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My mental toughness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My friend Matthew Wallace, he died so young while we were in high school.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Keenan Allen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, Respect isn’t earned easily.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor. He was a player exhibiting true greatness but sadly lost his life.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents. They have showed me how to work hard on a daily basis without complaint.