- Name: Kasey Allison
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 200
- College: Dixie State
- Twitter: @kasey_allison
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from North Las Vegas. Vegas is well known for the strip and the clubs, but people don’t really realize the talent that comes out of Vegas. I lived in North Las Vegas, and went to Canyon Springs highschool. What I love most about Vegas is just being able to be home around my family, and friends.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1.Strength and conditioning would be number 1 mainly because you need to be in top shape to compete at your highest level all game. Making sure I’m prepared for that from daily preparation in the weight room, and on the field is routine.
2. Film study would be next. You have to know what your opponent weaknesses and strengths are. Making sure I’m studying coverages and tendencies is extremely big to excel at my highest level on gameday.
3.Lastly practice. You either get better or worse there’s really no in between, so making sure I’m using every practice as a work day is key.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family. My dad sacrificed so much for me and siblings growing up, and I just want to be able to pay him back so he doesn’t have to work anymore.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A time that I failed in something would probably be my freshman year. It was my first year in college, and I didn’t really realize how different it would. With that being said I ended being ineligible after my first semester for the following spring. I could’ve easily gave up, but I made sure I had a strong spring and took a lot of credits until I was eligible for the following year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Teammates would probably say my best quality would be my work ethic. I’m not too vocal when it comes to practice, so I like to lead by example with my effort and play making.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Darrius Williams (CSU PUEBLO)
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a parole officer if I couldn’t play football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first forsure. I don’t like having a dirty room, so I like to maintain that.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• This is tough especially since it’s three lifes compared to one, but I would have to save a family member. My family isn’t too big and we are all extremely close. I couldn’t imagine losing one of them at my hands.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• If I could be of any movie character it would be probably be Batman. Batman is one of my favorite superheroes. He has it all, but still puts it all on the line to fight the criminals of Gotham. He makes sure the people in his community are safe. It’s one thing I hope I can do moving further. Being able to give back not just to my family, but to my community as well.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life was dealing with deaths of family members. Having to go on in life without them no longer around was scary growing up. The older I got the more I realized everything happens for a reason. I may not agree with God sometimes, but I know he had a plan for me. In the end it all helped me build me into the man I am today. I use them as motivation and my “WHY”.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Walking with my friends and hitting a stop sign pole I didn’t see.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My adams state touchdown in 2017.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Never needed no help-lil baby
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Big play ability & competitiveness
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Mom. There would be so much I would want to talk to her about that I never had a chance to when I was young.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Allen Robinson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I can care less if people don’t like me. There’s always going to be people that don’t like me, but being respected is what matters. It makes me feel more comfortable, and to know that people acknowledge my presence is big.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Sean Taylor. He could’ve been one of the best ever at safety, but his life was cut short because he was trying to protect his family from a robber. People made it seem like it was because he had off the field issues, but he changed when he came into the NFL. If Sean Taylor could’ve had a full career in the NFL he would’ve went down as one of the best ever.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence in my life has always been my Dad. He pushed me hard growing up, and instilled the work ethic that I have today. Without him I don’t know where I would I be. I will forever be thankful for him.