Josh Shaw the Arizona Cardinals defensive back and former USC Trojan was suspended recently from the NFL after placing a bet in Vegas on the NFL. Get this though, he bet on his own team.
According to David Purdum of ESPN, Shaw made a three-team parlay bet on Nov. 10 at a Caesars sportsbook in Las Vegas. One of the teams Shaw bet on was the Cardinals, as part of a bet on second-half odds. The Cardinals were trailing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17-13 at the time, and the Buccaneers were favored by one point in the second half. They failed to cover but still beat the Cardinals, and Shaw lost his bet anyway.
Caesars contacted the appropriate authorities, including the NFL, after becoming aware of Shaw’s bet. Shaw made no effort to hide his identity, listing his occupation as “professional football player.”
Well, at least he was honest? I mean Shaw is currently on the injured reserve so it is not like he was playing for the team when it happened.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft: Week 6 ift.tt/34l3wO1
about 14 mins ago
- Let’s Go!!!! twitter.com/buffalobills/s…
about 16 mins ago
- ICYMI:NFL Transactions for October 21, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 55 mins ago
- ICYMI:Fantasy Kicker Index: Which team has the best kicker and who should you stay away from?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Fantasy Doctors Injury Update: Could Bengals RB Joe Mixon miss week 7 with a foot injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/joe-mi…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago