Josh Shaw the Arizona Cardinals defensive back and former USC Trojan was suspended recently from the NFL after placing a bet in Vegas on the NFL. Get this though, he bet on his own team.
According to David Purdum of ESPN, Shaw made a three-team parlay bet on Nov. 10 at a Caesars sportsbook in Las Vegas. One of the teams Shaw bet on was the Cardinals, as part of a bet on second-half odds. The Cardinals were trailing the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17-13 at the time, and the Buccaneers were favored by one point in the second half. They failed to cover but still beat the Cardinals, and Shaw lost his bet anyway.
Caesars contacted the appropriate authorities, including the NFL, after becoming aware of Shaw’s bet. Shaw made no effort to hide his identity, listing his occupation as “professional football player.”
Well, at least he was honest? I mean Shaw is currently on the injured reserve so it is not like he was playing for the team when it happened.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Kansas City Chiefs Fantasy Football Preview nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/kansas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/nDA0Y2ApjW
about 24 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Chase Lucas, CB, Arizona State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/chase-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ezbGQxulFO
about 25 mins ago
- Did You See This:That Sports Guy’s Podcast Player Interview: Donnie Corley, WR, Texas Southern… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Donta Marshall, DT, Central State nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/donta-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- ICYMI:2021 NFL Draft Prospect: Sage Surratt, WR, Wake Forest nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/sage-s… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/73oOkdmYPc
about 45 mins ago