- Name: Joseph McWilliams
- Height: 5110
- Weight: 175
- Position: Cornerback
- College: Grambling State University
- Twitter: @DSG_BabyJoe
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Baton Rouge Louisiana where a lot of talent resides but many don’t make it long enough to show it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, film , practice
What do you worry about, and why?
• Sometimes I worry about the people I’ll be letting down if I wasn’t able to make it the next level and how I would miss the opportunity to be able to take care of my family.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I became ineligible because my grades my sophomore year and people were really mad so I had to do major changing on and off the field in order to get back to the game.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• The fact that I’m able to make a play for my team when they need it the most and to be able to lead the team despite my own problems I face.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Best player I played against had to be on my own team when I was younger Chad Williams former G Man I had to go against everyday in practice it wasn’t no off days I treated practice like games.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I’ll be a coach I’m ready to give the young brothers coming up what I didn’t have and for me to know what it’s like to get to the next level I can coach it up with them.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, car, desk
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member I already took so many L’s with my people
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• The Joker hands down I felt that we share a couple personalities
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I gave up a big touchdown at the end of the national championship they could’ve potentially tied the game in the 4th but the next play I told coach i was going to go block it and did.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment had to be me jumping trying to high point a ball for a interception but went over my head slowly.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I’m going to always remember my first pick 6 in Jackson we had a good team at every position that year and I was a freshman.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Wnc WhopBezzy – Go get it
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Football IQ knowing routes combinations knowing where to be at
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My mother I haven’t seen her since 14 it’s still bothers me I still haven’t got over it yet
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Jigga City
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Taysom Hill
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because respect can go a long ways
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Aaron Hernandez because he was so good on the field he didn’t even have to be involved with that lifestyle
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Coach Del Lee Collins he played a major part of getting me to be a better man and player on and off the field and was able to teach me things that would help me at the next level all in 1 year at Grambling seeing he coach a guy like tyrann mathieu makes me next.