- Name: Joseph Butler
- Height: 6,4
- Weight: 235
- Position: OLB/DE
- College: Laney College/Texas A&M Commerce
- Twitter: JosephButler16_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from San Antonio born and raised. I love the tradition here and where I’m from seeing people being successful is what I love the most.
•Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Film study is important because it allows you to play faster on the field also gives you leverage on your opponent when you know exactly what their game plan is.
Strength and conditioning is a major key as well. Having strength gives you the peak for the demands of football that is needed. It helps you execute and deliver what is needed on the field and off of it. Strength and Conditioning also reduces the risk of getting injured. Your muscles play a key part, it could be as simple as defending the opposite player or giving you an explosive moment.
Practice to me is most important to me . How you practice reflects how you will play when is comes to that Saturday game. Practice is the only way to become proficient in a skill, it helps you grow and improve. It is the little things in practice that will make a big impact when you get on the field.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Honestly I do not worry about too much. I give everything God and leave it in his hands, I believe and trust that he will lead me in the right direction and keep me on the path for success.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• A time when I can honestly say I failed was my first year of college. I didn’t take my classes seriously and ended up failing. I got chewed out by almost everyone but I responded very well from the criticism. From that point on I started taking care of business and passing all my classes with good grades.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I want to say a O-lineman from City College, he was five star espn type of guy and the first guy that held me to 0 sacks in a game.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Honestly I would probably be a fighter fighter that is something I always wanted to be.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Have to clean my car first, then my room and last the desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Honestly that’s a very hard question but I would have to go with the family member. Family is family and I could never cross that line, I have to take care of family first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Wesley snipes. I like his style he and can honestly play any role in any movie or show, not many characters can do that.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity I could say was graduating high school. I was one of the best players in high school football to not have any offers because of my grades. After I graduated, I literally sat out a year to two years, it was one of the biggest obstacles I had to face because I was not used to sitting on the bench. I was blessed to meet Coach Vince at Laney College which who then gave me an opportunity to do what I love and pursue my associates degree.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Most embarrassing moment I would say is, my sophomore year at Laney College. I had a presentation and literally almost forgot everything I was supposed to Present to the class. My nerves got to me so bad I was stuttering to get my words out and present to my class my project.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• First game at Laney vs City College freshman year, I caught the game winning interception to end their undefeated two year back to back seasons.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ace Hood hustle hard.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• You have to be physical to be at the next level to me. it’s a must, at the next level every body is bigger and faster so you have to be physically strong and have some type of speed.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandpa would be the one that I would bring back for the day . That man had heart and was always motivating me to be great and always believe. He and my father molded me into the man I am now, to always respect myself and others. To not base my decision making off my emotions but with a full thought process and to always think before I speak.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Hot Spot
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Michael Thomas
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected, with respect comes likeness . I personally do not care to be liked because of how I was brought up, it always about having respect at the end of the day. Someone can not like you but still respect you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel for Antonio Brown, he has had his career derailed from him because of his attitude. To me personally I do not think his attitude is that bad to were they need to take away his whole career. But at the same time he has never gave up and has never lost faith.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win, I don’t like losing. I have always been on a winning program.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Dad has been my biggest Influence for me. He is not my real father but he has always played that role in my life. When others have doubted me he has always given me the strength and motivation to be the best I can be and to never give up.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Draft Diamonds Free Agent Interview: Peterson Apollon, Wide Receiver nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/peters…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 11 mins ago
- Did You See This:DO NOT TRADE FOR AARON RODGERS nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/05/aaron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/eF5pzJs1sU
about 18 mins ago
- The reason many of these guys have not got a shot is that they had poor pro days. For example. Damonte Coxie ran a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- Here are some UDFA's that I have not seen if they are signed. They should all be on a team.
Mustafa Johnson Color… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 23 mins ago
- Bjork is a beast
about 31 mins ago