- Name: Jordon Shippy
- Height: 5’8
- Weight: 185
- Position: RB
- College: Tusculum University
- Twitter: @Shippy_to_real
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Gaffney, SC. What I love the most about my city is the person my city raised me to be. It help me become a person who want to better himself and determine to reach my dreams.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, Practice, Strength and condition…. Film study is very important to me. You have to know your opponent as well as you know your teammates. You want to know their tendency and what they like to run in certain situations. Film study builds your IQ! Practice is second to me. Practice allows you do more on hand training for what to expect. Plus it sharpen your performance so the harder you practice for preparation the more suitable you will be in the game. You don’t practice until it’s perfect; you practice until you can’t get it wrong. Strength and conditioning is third. It important but I feel like the other choice is more important.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Honestly i do not worry about anything because I believe God and I know he got me in any situation I am in.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed at getting effective playing time my first couple years of college… but it made me train harder and watch more film. I prayed more and kept my faith at a all time high in God.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My Cuts and Juking
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Kyle Dugger
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would like to own a business
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Most definitely my room that’s when home training comes to play. My room described me more than my car or desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member, I’m very family oriented. I put my family before me. I’ll give up my life before I let my family die.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Spencer James off All American,He a stand up guy and he is not scared of nothing. He has a big heart! He dealt with so much and also he have had to make big decisions for his family and the people that surround him at a early age. That a person I feel like I can relate too and we are similar in some ways.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Struggling growing up. I dealt with it by staying prayed up and not crying and complaining. I also did not ask my mama for a lot I didn’t want to put her in a bind because she was a single parent and she raised three children on her own! I just worked with the situation I was giving.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I was in high school dancing with my teammates In the locker room before the game to get them hype and I felled… it killed the whole mood
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I have two… The play when I broke the school in-game rushing record against my hometown team I took the game ball because it was important to me. I wasn’t getting no playing time until both of the running backs before me got hurt and I had to start that game. Another time is when I scored the game winning two point conversion against our rivals Carson Newman my RS freshman year… before then we haven’t beat them in 7 years.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Young Jeezy The inspiration(Follow me)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My decision. I tend to might the right decision when it comes to football… the right cuts and the right moves to avoid getting tackle, the right blocking to help my team move the chains… and etc.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My cousin Mikey Shippy, the reason is because Mikey was my brother best friend and I’ll do anything to see my older brother happy.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Bo, Bo was my uncle name before he died and he always wanted a club and he actually got one before he died but I still would name it after him to honor his life.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Tarik Cohen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected… Respect take you a longer way then being like. Respect have a better face card. You will not always be the most liked guy especially how the media portray you now and days. But one thing they will do is give you the respect that you earned. For example Tom Brady and Lebron James… It a lot of people disliked them and hope they fail. But they could never fixed their lips and say theses two athletes are not great and that is what you call respect. I hope to be in the conversation with them guys one day
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray rice, I do not condone what he did because I have a little sister and I would hate for a male to put his hand on her , but Ray rice was destined to be great. I could tell he loved football because he even was willing to play for free.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• It’s a love and hate with losing… everybody hate to lose nobody wants to come in second but when you lose it better prepares you for the next go around.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•God and my Family, I strive to be better man each day I wake up because of them. I’ve went through so much in my life that I keep to myself but as long as I have them by my side then I can continue to strive for my dreams.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Randy Beidelschies, RB, Macalester University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Preston Guerra, TE/FB, CSU-Pueblo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/presto… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- This fight is boring. Usman is a boring fighter
about 5 hours ago
- Who is winning?
about 6 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Randy Beidelschies, RB, Macalester University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago