- Name: Jevaughn Codlin
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 170
- Position: DB
- College: Kansas Wesleyan University
- Twitter: @_jcod
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Delray Beach, FL. It’s a city filled with amazing athletes and people. I love the beaches, the people here try their best to take care of the community but all in all I just love being from south Florida in general.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is most important because the mind is the greatest tool known to man, without film practice is pointless. Next is practice because you need the reps and the time to improve on your craft so the games become easy. And last is strength and conditioning, I feel like its important because in order to dominate you need to be bigger, stronger, and faster than your opponent.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Family, I worry about my family and their well being because i know how hard it is at home. Their the reason why I’m working so hard to achieve my dreams. I want to change my family situation.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I feel like I’ve failed a lot. My journey hasn’t been easy at all. But I failed Chemistry really bad my freshman year of college and I’ve never took chemistry before and although I looked for help nothing worked. So I dropped to the class and got into an intro to chem class that I took very seriously. I went to office hours everyday, went to tutoring every week until I mastered it. I ended up re taking the chem class I failed and become so good that I finished with the highest A in the class both semesters. I put the in the work with my professor even on the weekends I was in her office trying to get it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Work Ethic
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• My freshman year I played against a very talented receiver from Ottawa University (KS) he definitely elite. I don’t remember his name though.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a physical therapist. But I honestly don’t focus on not playing football. I give it my all completely.
Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family is most important to me. But this is difficult I would try to save everyone if I could.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The biggest adversity in my life consistently is not being able to see my mom. I haven’t seen my Mom in 14 years but I work hard to make her proud and that’s how I continue to overcome that.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Letting my team down in the 2nd round of the playoff by my poor performance.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Winning the conference championship for the time since 2006.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Used to this- Future/Drake
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I’m going to work. I’m always ready to give it my all. I have the heart of a lion!
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Dad, I just always wonder how different my life would be if he was around.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Ground Zero
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Cre’von LeBlanc
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, I don’t need to be liked. I’ll always give respect so i know I’ll receive it when I give it. It keeps one professional.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, he’s such a talented player that could still be putting up crazy numbers.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• It’s not a person. What I’ve been through has been the biggest influence in my life. Because without everything I’ve been through I wouldn’t be who I am today.
Follow Us on Facebook