- Name: Jeremias Houston
- Height: 6’6
- Weight: 235
- Position: Tight End
- College: Southern University A&M
- Twitter: jerrylamar_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• From Shreveport La. Not really much to do. Mostly everybody know everybody. What I love most about it is the food. The food is good!
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, Practice. Strength and Conditioning first because you have to be physically fit to be even able to do what you’ve learned from watching film. You can watch and study all the film you want to, but if you can’t physically do it, then it’s useless.
What do you worry about, and why? Failing in life,not making it.
• I got family that’s depending on me to succeed and make a way to provide for life them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Fall my junior year i came up short 2 points of making a 3.0. I was disappointed it I knew that I could get it so that following spring I buckled down, focused more and made it.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Athleticism and football IQ
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Darius Leonard
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Athletic Trainer
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member because family is suppose to take care of each other and help when needed.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Super man. Leader of all heroes and there’s nothing he can’t do.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• I played only one year in high school which was my senior year and only two games at Tight End. This was something that was big in my life because trying to get recruited was very disappointing and hurtful. I had very little film at playing tight end so schools were scared and hesitant on taking a chance on me because of that. Through it all I was able to overcome it because I had faith, along with a good support system of family and friends and stayed prayed up leaving it in God’s hands.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was younger I would get shoes knowing that wouldn’t fit but because I liked them, I would get them anyway and mama would get on to me about doing that. So to teach me a lesson she made me take my shoes at church and give them to somebody else.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Sophomore year in the Bayou Classic I caught a pass for a first down on fourth and one to keep the drive moving which later led to a TD that put us up before the opposing team last drive.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Drippin Issa Must by: Sosamann
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Unselfish dedicated hard working team player.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Hank Groll aka “Pops”. He was my youth football coach that I called my grandfather/pops that taught me the game of football. He pushed me to the best of my limits and was hard on me as he could be because he knew my potential and see my future. He died when I was a teenager so if he could see my now and just how far I’ve made it and what I’ve become, he’s be elevated.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Danny Johnson
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. My father taught me to always demand your respect but respect others and what belongs to them. It’ll take you places, give you favor.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Brain Banks. He spent 5 years in prison for a crime he didn’t commit and that caused him to miss out on a life long dream and promising future.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My father has been my biggest influence my life. The way he has always taken care of the family, provided and been there for us. Hard working entrepreneur that showed my siblings and I the definition of hard work and labor and what it means to be a real man and father. And because of that I’m forever great full.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Jaguars hire Trent Baalke as new GM nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/trent-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/cNvhnrYNmN
about 8 mins ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- Did You See This:Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/HvcZcbJos9
about 17 mins ago
- Did You See This:Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Did You See This:Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago