- Name: James Denton
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 180
- Position: WR
- College: Missouri Valley
- Twitter: Only1_JamesDent
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Mtn. View, MO. It’s a close knit community so I enjoy that about it.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1) Practice: Live reps and working on your craft is something that should take a high priority and high quality practice reps will turn into positive game reps.
2) Film: Film is a very important part of the game and can give you an advantage as a player as well as being able to self-evaluate yourself post-game.
3)Strength and Conditioning: Still important to the game. Being stronger and faster can always help you be a better player on the field and prevent injuries.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Not being successful, I strive to be the best version of myself and I tie success to that. Obviously there will be times of failure but overcoming that and being successful at the end of the day is what it’s all about.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed one of my first tests in college. First I was a little shook but I overcame the failure by preparing better for the next one.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Dallis Flowers.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Teach and Coach football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family. Family over every.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Leonardo DiCaprio because of his role in “The Revenant”.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Biggest adversity in life was losing my grandma, we were close and it was something I wasn’t prepared for. I overcome it just by positive thoughts, learning not to take anything for granted, and constant support from friends and family around me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Forgetting my helmet when on the road.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Probably my last TD on senior day.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ronda – Uzi
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Work Ethic(Mentally & Physically): Being able to work hard regardless of the situation will take you a long way as well as show people who you are as a person.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma, me and my grandma talked almost every day and she always had good words of encouragement and advice for me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• JD’s Boom Boom Room.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Cooper Kupp
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Respect goes a long way and it truly shows that you have made an impact in some way one someone.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel : He was fun to watch and really impacted the game in a positive way. Although he did get second chances I still feel for him and what Johnny Manziel could have been.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. The thought of losing last a lot longer than a win.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents: They push me to be my best self and just looking back on the success they have had and the effort and work they had to put in to be successful is motivating.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Jacob Cameron, LT, Husson University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/jacob-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 41 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Nate LaJoie, DL, Michigan Tech University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/nate-l…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 43 mins ago
- Last Chance:Exercise for Football Players nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/exerci… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/gs7eAIyoYk
about 56 mins ago
- Splash’s Week 8 Predictions ift.tt/3eaISmX
about 57 mins ago
- Last Chance:Predicting a trade: Bills send the Buccaneers a 5th round pick for TE Cameron Brate… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago