- Name: Greg Jones
- Height: 5’11
- Position: Defensive back/ outside linebacker
- College: Rutgers
- Twitter: @6_gjones
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from a small city in New Jersey (Rahway). What I love most about my city is, the diversity and for the most part it is a very close knit family type of community. My entire family grew up here and most of my family still lives here.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Practice, Strength and Conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my dreams, goals and putting myself in a position to better my family and the people around me.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I feel I failed when I didn’t go to the NFL straight out of college. I reacted by pushing myself even harder every single day and I’m still here pushing myself to the limit every single day!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic, My Desire to win and be successful!
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Play Football
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my family member, because if 1 of the 3 people were in my shoes they would save their family member over us too. My family means the world to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Rocky- because he never gives up! He understands being knocked down doesn’t mean the fight is over. I relate to rocky on almost every level.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• In 2017, I lost my mother to cancer, and I was separated from my siblings and I was living in my car and with friends here and there. At first it was really hard for me I almost started to feel sorry for myself and quit. But I decided that I will do anything to make my promises to her and my dreams come true by any means necessary!
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Sleeping in my car
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My last play against Ohio State getting carted off the field
What song best describes your work ethic?
•Roy Jones- Can’t be Touch
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Love- if you love something/ someone there is nothing you would do for it/ them.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Mother- I would bring her back so she can hug me and my siblings again. And give me some advice!
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Devin Mccourty
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected- If someone respects you, you know you are doing something right and for me that would show me my hard work is paying off!
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon- because I feel he was an amazing player and when you listen to his story you can see he genuinely loves the game but for some reason he is battling with his demons and can’t shake them! I feel for him!
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My mother because she did everything for her kids with no questions asked or any complaints and she did it alone! She was fearless and loved her family like crazy!
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds