- Eric Jackson Jr.
- Mercer University
- 172 LBS.
- Hometown: Powder Springs, GA
- Twitter: @shawdo3
2019 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2019 Coaches All-Southern Conference Football Second Team.
- GP: 12
- Total Tackles: 90
- TFL: 1.0
- PBU: 6
- FR: 2
First off, congratulations on the All-SoCon honors. What is the first emotion you felt when you found out that news and who is the first person you called to share it with?
I was extremely grateful to see the fruits of my labor. My mother and girlfriend were the first to receive the news.
What have you taken away the most from Coach Lamb, Coach Doolittle and the rest of the Mercer coaching staff?
Coach Lamb is a family guy. He constantly preached the importance of having family around and building a family in the field house. Coach Doolittle instilled many leadership attributes into me. He helped me become the teammate and leader I am today.
When football is over, what do you aspire to do in the professional world?
After football, I would love to coach and train younger student-athletes to use my blessing to bless others.
Who is on your Mt. Rushmore of the past or present NFL DBs?
Troy Polamalu and Earl Thomas.
What separates you from other players at the DB position?
My motor is what separates me. Whether it’s practice or game day, I’m 100 miles an hour from start to finish.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
I would have to say Quay Holmes from ETSU. He’s a very skilled running back.
Is there a current or former NFL player you emulate your game after?
Troy Polamalu and Earl Thomas are my favorites. However, I try to take bits and pieces from all of the professionals to make my game unique in itself.
Let’s take a trip back to the first day of your freshman year at Hillgrove High School. What advice would you give yourself then, knowing what you know now?
Open up and make as many connections as possible.
Currently, who is the best player in the NFL?
If I’m in Macon on a Saturday night during the Fall, where is the one place I have to eat at?
The Macon Crab House. Their seafood is great.
You’re in front of all 32 NFL General Managers and have 15 words or less to give them your pitch on why Eric Jackson Jr. will be an asset to their organization for years to come. What do you tell them?
Watch film from any game on any play and you will see the same hustle.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: William Waddell, OL, Western Illinois University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: William Waddell, OL, Western Illinois University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Gianni D’Arienzo, DB, William Jewell College nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/gianni…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- For example, if you went to the store today you walked by probably 50 people who were not vaccinated and not wearin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- For all the people that are going nuts and saying Beasley will get his teammates sick, that could happen. But anyo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...
In this video, we break down film, QB Spotlight owner Steven Hamner breaks down...