- Name: Edrick Gonzales
- Height: 5’7
- Weight: 175
- Position: WR
- College: Southwestern College (KS)
- Twitter: @Edrick_01
•Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
I was born and raised in Abilene, Texas. I loved playing different sports and all the childhood friendships that developed through the years. Most of all most of my family lives there and it’s always going to be home for me.
•List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Strength and conditioning, practice and film study. If you don’t work hard in the weight room an condition your body to be in shape it will not apply to the field and your results will show. Film study is part of enhancing the mental game and gives you the edge over your opponent.
• What do you worry about, and why?
I don’t worry about tomorrow because tomorrow will take care of itself.
• Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
My redshirt freshman year at Tyler Junior College, I was starting wide receiver at the beginning of the year. Midway through to year I found myself being replaced as the starter. I had to reflect and evaluate my performance and began to work harder on my craft. The following year I regained my starting position at wide receiver.
• What do your teammates say is your best quality?
My leadership qualities. The way I lead on and off the field. From the weight room, practice field, classroom and community.
•Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
Defensive End, Shaq Bradford. My junior and senior year, he had a total of 11 sacks against us.
•What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
I always told you can’t play football forever so you need to have a back up plan. I recently graduated this December with my bachelors degree. My passion is to give back to the game and help develop young men to learn, play the game at a high level and open an avenue for success.
• Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
Room, car as desk. I was taught at a young age to keep my room clean, it has become a habit. Everything else will fall into the same suit.
• If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
One family member would be who I choose. Growing up family was everything that molded me to be there for and another.
• If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
Superman. Superman would protect against violence and evil.
• Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
In high school I played at Euless Trinity that was a predominately reminder offense, so I didn’t get no offers to play at the collegiate level. I knew I had to walk on somewhere my and showcase my talent. I didn’t care where I played because I knew when I got the opportunity to showcase my talent it would be noticed. I ended up going to a summer tryout at Tyler Junior College and won the coaches hearts and was signed that day.
• What is your most embarrassing moment?
My very first college speech. I was so nervous and stuttering the whole speech. It was definitely a learning experience.
• What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
My first collegiate catch at Tyler Junior College was a touchdown. It will always be my most memorable memory.
• What song best describes your work ethic?
Dedication – Nipsey Hussle
• What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
My great grandmother, Lucy Mayes. She was very caring and loving woman that showed me compassion and love.
•If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
I wouldn’t waste my money on a dance club but just to answer the question it would be called “Foot Loose”.
• Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
Amari Cooper, his route running is superb.
• Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
Not everyone liked Jesus so I would rather be respected. Being respected makes the environment, workplace and team a happy place.
• What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
Johnny Manziel because he was an undersized player that made it to the NFL. He had all the tools to make it and the get there and didn’t take advantage of his opportunity. I was a high school player liking his electric playing ability.
• Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
I love to win. I lost plenty of times before but I always keep playing to win the game.
• Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My parents they have always been the most influential people in my life. Without them I wouldn’t be the man I am today. They instilled in me values and ethic about life. They put in the hard work with me, so I can teach my goals and dreams.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for January 20, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Signings and Roster Cuts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Will anyone claim Mark Ingram today and his salary? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/mark-i… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/qzfM0Nbos9
about 38 mins ago
- Packers are early favorites against the Buccaneers for the NFC Championship Game nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/packer… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 1 hour ago
- Colts QB Philip Rivers has retired from the NFL, he will now coach a high school team in Alabama… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Former Heisman Winning QB Robert Griffin lll cut by Ravens nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/robert… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/5SwaO5c63Q
about 13 hours ago