- Name: DaMarco Canty
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 200
- Position: WR/ Return specialist
- College: Thomas More University
- Twitter: Dcanty4
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
Athens Ga, I would have to say that Athens is a place where everyone supports everyone and I love that about it .
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
Practice, film study then strength and conditioning. I would say this because I feel by the time it’s time to play games you should be conditioned already. perfecting your craft and knowing your opponent is more important to me.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about putting my family in a better place daily. It’s up to me! It’s my why!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• In 8th grade I did not make my middle school basketball team. Worked all summer and earned varsity playing time sophomore year. And started varsity the following 2 years.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My drive. They know they are going to get 100% from no matter what.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I don’t really have a best player I’ve played against but the best team was St. Johns University.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be an athletic trainer or open my own gym.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room. That’s where I lay my head it has to be clean.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Tough question but I would to say family. Family means so much to me!
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Will Smith. He’s one of the best to do it.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Losing my big brother and uncle while in college. A lot of people with that on their shoulders would’ve probably hung it up but I had to keep pushing knowing they were with me every step of the way.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• First game ever in college. Wide open post route went straight through my hands.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Catching a one handed touch down on senior day in front of my family.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Anything sang by Kevin Gates.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
•Physical trait would have to be my body build. I understand to use my size on my routes and attacking the ball.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My uncle. Just to have one more talk with him and get his advice.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The boom boom room.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Keenan Allen
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. If you you respect someone it goes a long way.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My college WR coach. Coming from home I felt alone but he treated me like his own.