- Name: Cortez Watson
- Height: 5’8
- Position: RB/Slot
- College: Mercyhurst University
- Twitter: tez_1116
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Woodbridge Virginia an it’s in the DMV you get the best of everything the city, suburbs an so much to do around here. Most I love about it is the scenery.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning is the first because with out it you can’t perform to the best of your abilities without it, and film study cause you have to practice what they are teaching in film so practice would be last .
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about the rest of my family that aren’t so lucky to move out of Baltimore Maryland, I want to some how one day, moved the rest of my family out of that environment.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I went JUCO, because of my grades also with a non scholarship program left there cause couldn’t afford it anymore so I took a chance an walked on to a JUCO in NEO A&M, an I overcame getting my grades together, getting my associates and received offers out of JUCO to better my career moving forward.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I don’t say much I show with my actions, humble they say.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Dillion Hall went to UCO
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Well my senior year I broke my ankle the second game of the season, lost all my offers an they said I wouldn’t be able to play again cause you broke it in three places. But came back in 3 months instead of 6.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I burned my eyebrows an eyelashes off from trying to start the grill outside .
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The 80 yard punt return to win the game!
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Work Hard, Play Hard by Wiz Khalifa
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Patience, I will say cause with out it you may lose yourself in he process.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My little sister Grace, she was here for a short time. I just wish I could see her one more day to be a big brother for one more day.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Tezmanian Club lol
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Darwin Thompson, I shared the rock with him at NEO when we won a championship. He is currently on the Chiefs now, so underrated in due time people will see.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected. I could care less if you like me, respect is more important than being liked because if you are leading a team and they just like you, they most likely are not going to listen.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ray Rice, I am not justifying what he did but Kareem Hunt was in a similar deal and they didn’t do the same punishment even though committed the same offense.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win!
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My biggest influence in my life is my Mom, she’s all I got. She sacrificed so much to help me get where I am today. I can’t thank her enough. There were days she went hungry just to feed me an my brother so we felt like everything is okay. I love that women to death, she is my inspiration and the reason why I strive to succeed.
Follow Us on Facebook