- Name: CJ Romero
- Height: 5’9
- Weight: 190
- Position: WR
- College: Texas Lutheran University
- Twitter: @cjromero11
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I grew up in Odem, TX. A small town, 20 miles north of Corpus Christi, TX. The amount of support you get from such a small community is what I love most about Odem. Everyone knows everyone and everyone will be behind you 100% in whatever you do.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is the most important because you have to know your opponents tendencies and you need to know your opponent more than they know themselves. This game is 90% mental. Practice would follow because this is where you perfect your craft and get better. The preparation and consistency in practice is very important to success. Strength and conditioning is just as important to stay in shape and to maintain what you have gained in the off-season for the long season you have ahead.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry that scouts and teams will overlook my size. Being a “smaller” guy, I have a tremendous amount of heart and play like I’m the biggest and fastest guy on the field. A lot of smaller guys in the league turn out to be one of the bigger play makers for their respective teams. Not getting a shot because of my size is what I most worry about.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• My sophomore year of high school, I broke my hand. I played QB in high school after this injury, I went to my coach asking what I could do to help the team succeed. I was upset that I would not be playing QB anymore but being able to play was good enough for me. This is when I made the move to receiver.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I’m the hardest worker in the room. I’m not the most vocal, but I am always wanting to get better every single day.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Reggie Cole CB- UMHB
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Physical Therapist Assistant of an Occupational Therapist
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because I spend most of my time there and then car and desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member because I have lost a lot of family members and family means the most to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Captain America because he is a great leader and his team looks up to him.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• The moment I found out my mom had breast cancer. I was just a freshman in high school when I found out and my family and I were devastated. She couldn’t make most of my athletic events but I had to stay strong for her and be there for her. I did everything to the best of much ability on and off the field for her. She is now a proud breast cancer survivor.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Losing to UMHB 50-7 my sophomore year. I had never been beaten that bad.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Scoring 3 receiving TD’s in the first quarter my senior year.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Last Breath by Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• For me, it would have to be my speed. Being a smaller guy, my speed will give me a bit of an advantage over some of the bigger guys.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I’ve had quite a few family members pass away that didn’t get to see me play football or continue my education in college so I couldn’t just pick one of them. A lot of my family members would travel a long ways to see me play. I would bring my back my aunts and uncles that passed away.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Julian Edelman
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected because it is more sincere and it means more than to be liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick because he was standing up for what he believed in and I don’t think he should without a job because of that.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose. Winning is great and all but I hate losing in anything I’m doing and will do whatever it takes not to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mom. Seeing her battle through breast cancer, still support me, and have a smile on her face everyday has influenced me every day. She has showed me that nothing, not even cancer, will dictate how she lives her life. She has been the best mom and person to me.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 26 mins ago
- Did You See This:Saquon Barkley destined to become the next Barry Sanders…and not in a good way… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 30 mins ago
- Last Chance:NCAA Football Predictions 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/ncaa-f… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/wR6wiNyAGk
about 37 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Draft Diamonds Week 2 Picks, Predictions and Fantasy Sleepers nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-2… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Week 2 Preview: Washington Football Team vs Arizona Cardinals ift.tt/2ZOIWD1
about 47 mins ago