- Name: Avonte Bell
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 240
- Position: ILB
- College: Ferris State
- Twitter: _avontebell_01
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Lansing, Michigan and I love my hometown because they are so supportive in everything I do.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study is always first because first you must become a student of the game in order to be successful on the field. Once you watch film you learn the tendencies and learn what play will come out of each formation, this will allow for making plays to become second nature. Second is practice because You practice how you play and in order to be able to play well you must learn how to defend each play and Perfect your craft accordingly. Last but not least is strength and conditioning. Weights is very important as is conditioning and this would be first if it were in the off-season because you must do these two things in order to stay ready but I just feel that In season film and practice are more important in stopping the competition.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Having a family and not being able to have the tools to be able to provide for them.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• When I had my sales internship, I failed to sale as many items in a month as my co-workers and my supervisor was disappointed in me and when the next month came around I sold almost double as anybody else sold.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say that I’m a very smart player. My best quality is knowing what play is coming on every down and being able to pick up on what a team is trying to do or set up throughout a game. I watch so much film that I know what will come out of each formation and I just try and help my teammates by telling them what they should expect on each play or drive.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a person who sells things for a company. That is actually my major and I’ve had two internships in sales. I just really enjoy learning the most about a person and trying to appeal to the likes and dislikes.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• My room because I live in my room and I need to make sure I have enough room to maneuver around in my room without stepping over stuff and my room smelling like trash. Also it would probably take the longest and I’d rather get the hardest thing to clean out the way first.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m a family man. My family means more to me than anything so I would have to save them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Steve Rodger (Captain America) I am a huge Marvel Fan and I just love the fact he goes to war for what he believe in no matter what and he doesn’t even have super powers.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My first three years I didn’t get to play anything expect special teams and it kind of hurt my confidence but instead of quitting I stuck it out and continued to grind and then eventually turned into a 2 time All-Conference and All Region Linebacker.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• In High School, when I went to prom, my pants ripped at the beginning and I had a huge hole in the back of my pants.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My Strip Sack Against Wayne State my senior year.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Football IQ. I’m a true believer in the fact that football is more mental than physical. I believe this because everyone is good at the next level and in order to succeed, film is it extremely important in ensure ones success by learning tendencies and formation recognition.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Dad’s mom because I hear so many great stories about her and i wish my dad didn’t have to lose her when he was so young. She sounds like a great person and I just wish I could spend some time just getting to know her.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• A Night Owtt
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Zach Cunningham. He has great size and speed and hardly ever missed tackles and make plays all over the field.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because a lot of people are like but few are respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Colin Kaepernick
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. A win will only sit in my heart for a day but a loss will sit with me for a lifetime. Every loss I’ve ever had, I remember each play that lead to it and I’m constantly reminded of it. I hate to lose and I try my hardest to do everything not to.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My biggest influence is my grandfather. He just loves to do for other even if they don’t deserve it. He is a great role model of how one should treat others. He believes everyone deserves a second chance and whatever he can do to help, he wouldn’t even think twice about doing it.