- Name: Adkin Nicolas Aguirre
- Height: 5’10 1/2
- Weight: 185
- Position: Safety
- College: Idaho State
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Brawley, California…my hometown means a lot to me because of my family and the people who grew with me. That’s all I knew was Brawley and it will always be in my heart.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study, Conditioning and Practice, and strength. Film study separates the good from the great players. Your mind will always be the strongest
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about myself and my family because those are the constants in my life. Other than that worrying really does nothing but bring stress. No matter if you worry or not the outcome will be the same.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I think my teammates would say that I’m always having fun and go 100% in everything.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I have played against is Cooper Kupp. I never went against him one on one but I was on a punt team that he took one to the house on.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would like to go back to school and get a law degree. Haven’t put in too much thought but that’s something that interests me.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first. It’s where spend all my time and I like it tidy.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member, based off the trust and loyalty. Yes saving three strangers vs one person is a little hard but if it’s an immediate family member that I know 100% about then I would save them. The strangers could be great or horrible people I would never know.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Ron Woodruff from Dallas buyers club. I say him because despite doctors telling him he’d only live a month with HIV he lived for 7 years. The course he took to live wasn’t pretty but he found a way and helped people along the way too. He shifted from an egotistic, prideful person to an open minded compassionate person by the end of the film. His circumstances are far from mine but his character struck a cord with me when watching the film.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Personally the biggest obstacle in my life would be a broken collarbone and ulna bone in my 3rd game of my senior season of football. I was devastated because I thought football was over for me. I’d waited my whole life to play my senior year and represent my hometown. It was cut short. I had a lot of support from my loved ones. I stayed true to myself and received a scholarship to play football despite my setback.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• When I was around 6 or 7 my older brother and I plus some of his friends were jumping on the trampoline getting wet with the hose. I was just In boxers so something triggered my brother to pants me and throw me over the fence completely naked and wet. So I had to run back to the side gate but there was a store right behind our house and a couple of girls walking by laughing at me along with him and his friends. I was incredibly mad at him and just ran into the house. It’s funny now, but when I was little I was embarrassed to the fullest.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play for me was my interception against North Dakota this year. My grandpa was in the hospital for about two weeks. I got my first interception of the season and I know I made him proud before he passed on.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Mijo by Eddie Zuko
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My mental fortitude. I have been first, I have been last and all in between no matter where I have been I’ve rose to the top in every situation. And a big part is due to my mind.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandpa it’s been two months without him. I choose him because I lived with him since I was a 3rd grader and watched him live his life the way he wanted to live it. I would have one last conversation. He thought so highly of me and his live was contagious.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
•Respected. That just shows someone is tru to themselves no matter the situation. You don’t have to like me but the respect is necessary.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would say
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Losing is the worst feeling in the world. Hate losing more. I’ve lost a lot and still crave winning.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My older brother. Just seeing him grow into a man from the kid he once was. He is a great dad who loves his family and job, as a Sheriff in Brawley.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- That was a hard run, poor 27 twitter.com/therealdre_jac…
about 27 mins ago
- The play call was predictable there. They should have handed it off to the running back to the right.
about 33 mins ago
- ICYMI:Week 2 Injury Report: Cornerbacks and Running Backs went down heavily nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/week-2… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 34 mins ago
- Damn I’m good twitter.com/draftdiamonds/…
about 36 mins ago
- They are running Cam stack the box
about 38 mins ago