- Name: Tracy James
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 222
- Position: RB
- College: Abilene Christian University
- Twitter: @TracyJames_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I was born and lived until I was 10 years old in the Twin Cities of MN. What I love the most about it is the people. In the Midwest people are very friendly and down to earth. I then moved to Dallas, TX and what I love most is football. In MN, I played basketball and football wasn’t even an option there. As soon as I moved here, I was introduced to football and I loved it at first glance.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- 1.Film Study
- 2. Practice
- 3. Strength and Conditioning
- Film Study you have to understand the plays, find tendencies of defenses to see trends. Practicing your craft. If you practice hard, every play 100%, your conditioning will follow.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Fumbling, which is why I take carrying the rock so serious in practice. Its the smallest but biggest mistakes that can happen in football.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- During my last season in High School Football, I had an injury that required surgery and many big schools weren’t recruiting me as heavy. I stayed focused and kept my eyes on my heart’s desire and what I believe God promised me, which was a full ride scholarship.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My Work Ethic. Everyone says I’m the hardest working player. Football is important to me and always being the best is most important in everything I do.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Jeremiah Chambers
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Entrepreneur, Trading and maybe commercial Real Estate.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- My Mustang.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Three strangers, then the four of us would save all my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- The Rock
Tell me about your biggest failure in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- During my last season in High School Football, I had an injury and many big schools stopped recruiting me. I stayed focused and kept my eyes on my hearts desire and what I believe God promised me, which was a full ride scholarship.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- When I’m out with my mom and people think she’s my girlfriend.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- All of them. They’ve all been extremely memorable.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Eye of the Tiger, Survivor
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- My college education. I’ve learned a lot about business and how to effectively run my own.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- Prince, teach me how to play the guitar.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- Respected. It means more.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Adrian Peterson, he allowed his anger to go too far with disciplining his child.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom, she always lived out, failure is not an option.