- Name: Steven Edwards Jr.
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 185
- Position: DB
- College: Augsburg University
- Twitter: @stevenedwardsjr
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Kissimmee, FL is my hometown and what I love most are the people. I definitely have a great support system at home.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study would be first because you have to know more than what you do on the field. Film study allows you to become a student of the game and enhances your football IQ which you can use as an advantage over your opponent.
Practice is second because perfecting your craft is key. Great technique can allow you to play at a high level and the only way to become great at something is to put in countless hours of practice.
Strength and conditioning is third but is still important because when playing football you still need to get your body right. A major part of being a high level athlete is being in the best shape possible and you can’t have that without strength and conditioning.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about taking care of my family because they are my everything and I just want to pay them back by being successful and living out my dreams.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Getting outperformed at USF camp in 10th grade. Going against better competition than I was used to gave me a wake up call that I needed to get better all around. Ever since I knew I could never be satisfied with my level of play and that I could always get better as a football player.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My confidence
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Brandon Pearce – Rochester CC
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room. Got to be comfortable and at peace in your own room.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member because family has to stick together at the end of the day.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Batman because he’s a superhero yet still a man. He doesn’t have any special powers but is very smart and powerful and uses them to their maximum abilities which I can relate with that the most.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Always being overlooked and I deal with it by continuing to grind everyday and making the most of every opportunity I get.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Having to perform a dance routine in front of my teammates junior year of college.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Catching my 2nd pick of the game against St. Thomas University who was ranked in the top 10 at the time.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Days off by Lil Baby
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandfather. He died before I was born but I hear so many great stories about him I wish we could have had a relationship.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Steven’s Dance Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Vernon Hargreaves III
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because I don’t care if you like me or not.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Antonio Brown because being from Florida I know what it’s like to grow up around the same atmosphere so to finally make it out and then have that ruined definitely hurts to see. Whether it is his own fault or not.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to Win because winning makes everything better.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents and my sisters because they hold me accountable in everything I do.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago
- Last Chance:Fantasy Doctors: Aaron Jones injury update; How bad is his calf injury? nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- Last Chance:2017 NFL Re-Draft: Browns take Patrick Mahomes with the first overall pick nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2017-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Did You See This:NFL Transactions for October 23, 2020; Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:That Sports Guy’s Podcast: Taron Mallard, TE, Bethune-Cookman nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/taron-… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/yuMJqr8BUW
about 5 hours ago