- Name: Solomon Hunter
- Height: 6’3 1/2
- Position: Defensive End / Linebacker
- College: Alabama A&M / Tusculum University
- Twitter: @Mrtndo
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• San Antonio, Texas. It’s unique in many different ways! I love the culture and the food the most. You will not have true mexican food until you come here. My hometown is very competitive. The netflix show “Friday Night Tykes” is from my hometown. Every sport is taken serious at a young age.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film study, strength and conditioning and practice.
• Film study because you have to know everything your opponent is doing. It’s important also to keep up with different schemes and plays—the game is way more advanced than it used to be! You have to watch yourself in practice everyday so that you can self correct and get better.
• Strength and conditioning because just because you know the plays, proper preparation prevents poor performance. If you know the plays and have not been grinding all off season, that’s how you lose your spot. You won’t be able to stand out on the field. Everybody notices the people that put in work all off season no matter what position they play.
• Practice is your outline for the game. If you are having great practices then you will have a great game. Anybody can get big or get smaller for the game, but not everybody will be able to get the mental aspect—make the correct reads or be able to adapt to a new system and play just as fast. You can have somebody not as talented as you but if they get the plays down faster than you, they will be able to play just as fast as you.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not being able to provide for my family because they are my why.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I was lifting when I was younger, by myself in the garage, maxing out, and I was trying to get a certain weight on bench and I failed. It made me so mad that I couldn’t get it. It really sparked something in me and it made me go harder than ever.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Quickness & sideline to sideline speed also work ethic.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Cincinatti RB Michael Warren
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Videographer or Coaching
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first because it represents me and how I live.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Going off of natural instincts I would save my family member because there is a different type of love there
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Batman because nobody can actually prepare for what he brings. He pops up and destroys groups without them fully knowing who is taking them down. He beat up super man!
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• One of my biggest adversities in life was when my mom and grandma had a stroke around the sametime. I left Louisiana Tech and went back home and helped out. From there I went to Cisco College and recorded 100 tackles and 13.5 TFLS , 1 pass break up in 9 games at MLB.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment ever is when my older brother had dropped me off at middle school and I got out of the car and I was walking, vibing then I had tripped and fell. It was that embarrassing because I still remember it till this day!
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I’d say the sack I had against Jackson State when I was at Alabama A&M it was a great moment before the half.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Ace Hood x Overtime
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I’m a hard worker. Anything I love I’ll go all out for. Anybody that knows me knows that I’ve always put in extra. My most important trait is that I’m coachable and also that I know how to find positives in negative situations. I feel like if you can control your mindset no matter what anybody says you will make it. If you’re putting out all positive energy and doing what you’re supposed to then nothing negative can come from that. I have a press-play mentality. Most people like to sit around and wait, but I have never been one of those people. If there’s a way then press play! Stop waiting and go get it. I think another great trait would be my willingness to adapt to better the team—I’ve had to play 3 tech and 4I for a season because that is what we needed at the time.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Nipsey Hussle because he was changing the world and opening people’s eyes.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Dr Premium World Wide
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Telvin Smith. people pelagic you sleep on him and instead I udon’t think some people realize what he did the year before he did not play.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I rather be myself and be respected at the end of the day.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I feel for Micheal Vick the most, he is still a great but, I feel like he would have been the best ever .
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. Winning should be expected.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My parents and family because they are the reason I’m here!