- Shane Simpson
- Towson University
- Hometown: Easton, PA
- Twitter: @Shane_Simpson18
2018 Accolades & Statistics:
- 2018 AP All-America First Team (All-Purpose).
- 2018 AFCA FCS Coaches’ All-America First Team (All-Purpose).
- 2018 HERO Sports FCS All-America First Team (All-Purpose).
- 2018 HERO SPORTS FCS All-America First Team(RB).
- 2018 Athlon Sports FCS All-America First Team (All-Purpose).
- 2018 STATS FCS All-America Second Team (All-Purpose).
- 2018 CAA Special Teams Player of the Year.
- 2018 All-CAA Football (First-Team RB, Second-Team KR, Third-Team PR).
- GP: 12
- Rushing Attempts: 151
- Rushing Yards: 711
- YPR: 4.71
- TDs: 6
- Receptions: 39
- Receiving Yards: 356
- YP/REC: 9.13
- TDs: 5
- Kick Returns: 37
- KR Yards: 887
- YP/KR: 23.97
- TDs: 1
- Punt Returns: 15
- PR Yards: 104
- YP/PR: 6.93
As an athlete, what is your motivation?
My family and two best friends that passed away. They made so many sacrifices for me growing up to get me to where I’m at today. Also, two of my really good friends passed away early in HS so, I play for them as well.
What defines success for you?
Being able to overcome adversity and other obstacles to reach your goals.
What would your teammates say about the type of teammate you are?
A leader, a work ethic that is unmatched, great to play with, crazy competitive, great teammate, and loves his teammates.
What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
Staying true to myself and not letting others get me away from my focus.
Who is the toughest player you’ve competed against during your collegiate career?
Jermaine Carter, Jr., Maryland LB and with the Carolina Panthers now.
Who is the best player in the NFL?
What is your team of choice on Madden, why?
Failure is inevitable in life. How do you handle situations that don’t go in your favor?
Just control what you can control and just pray and leave it in Gods hands. He will make it better.
Is there a current/former NFL player that you model your game after?
I don’t really have just one player I model my game after. I use bits and pieces from each player in my game. Players like LeSean McCoy, Devonta Freeman, Curtis Martin, Tarik Cohen (Versatility), Alvin Kamara (versatility).
Knowing what you do now, what would you go back and tell yourself as a High-School Freshman?
Grades truly are important, meal prep, and taking care of your body even, if you’re not hurt.
What is your go-to restaurant near campus?
America’s Best Wings (Honey Old Bay Wings).
If your life was a book, what would its title be?
What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be and why?
Kobe Bryant because, other being my favorite basketball player ever, he approached his sport with so much energy and focus. I would love to pick his brain and ask for advice and tips.
Forty-years from now, what do you want to be remembered for?
Willing to do whatever it took to help his team win.
In 15 words or less, why should an NFL team invest in you?
Would be getting a very hard worker and versatile player. Willing to do anything to help the team win.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Washington Football Team’s Chase Young is on pace for 20 sacks in 2020 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/chase-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Thursday Night Football DFS: Week 3 ift.tt/2RVX7BW
about 40 mins ago
- Reaction: Celtics vs Heat Game 4 ift.tt/3mRiemT
about 40 mins ago
- Week 3 Preview: Miami Dolphins vs. Jacksonville Jaguars ift.tt/33XVNns
about 40 mins ago
- ICYMI:Bengals rookie QB Joe Burrow feels he took major strides last week and he just wants a win… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 52 mins ago