- Name: Sam Acheampong
- Height: 6’5
- Weight: 275
- Position: DT
- College: Wilfrid Laurier University(Canada)
- Twitter: @Samkoa_
- Instagram: @Sam.koa
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- I grew up in Brampton Ontario, around 30 minutes west of Toronto. What I love most about Brampton is the talent that comes from the city. From arts to athletics, the city is full of talent and people excel in what they love doing.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and
- Being a defensive linemen, the most importance in order would be practice, strength conditioning, film.
- Practice – it is essential to fulfilling the team’s success. This is where you can develop your skills which help you become a better player.
- Strength and Conditioning – being a defensive linemen, in order to get the job you need to be in good shape. The position is very physical and taxing on the body and being in good shape will also help to prevent injuries that can be detrimental to a player’s season.
- Film – this is where preparation comes into play. Here is where you analyze a team, seek their weakness and a plan is set in place to exploit it. It is also where you learn from your mistakes in order to become a better player.
What do you worry about, and why?
- Something I worry about is not not being given an opportunity. In life people amount to great things when given the chance. If not given an opportunity, their potential will forever be hidden. If I am not given a chance, it doesn’t matter what I do in life, all the potential i thought i had will be gone to waste and i will live the rest of my life wondering about ‘what if…’. This applies to anything I do life.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- One example of when I failed at something would have to be school related. I did poorly on a midterm and It was probably the lowest grade I ever received. I could’ve just quit and retake the course in the summer but I just decided to work harder. On the next couple assignments and midterms,I was able to boost my grade up resulting in me finishing the class with a good mark.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- I believe my teammates would say my best quality is my leadership ability. When needed, I can be a vocal leader to help my teammates to ensure there is no confusion. I also believe that I am also someone that you can count on and off the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- The best player I have played against would probably have to be Chris Merchant. He has torn up the league since he has been in the OUA.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- Football is not forever and I constantly think about what I would do if I cannot play at the next level or life after football. One thing that is for sure is that I love helping other people. A job that comes to mind would be a teacher. It seems like a really cool gig to have.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- I would clean my desk first. This is where I spend a lot of my time doing school work or handling business. If i have a clean and organized desk then it puts me in a clear mindset.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- Honestly it would have to be a family member. I couldn’t imagine life without my family. They are the ones who supported me and people I can always rely on regardless of what happens in life.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- It would have to be Goku from Dragon Ball Z. He was a well respected leader with high morals. He made being the ‘nice’ guy look cool!
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The most memorable moment of my career would have to be when we faced york in 2016. It was my first collegiate game and I went on to have 2 sacks that game.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
The most embarrassing would have to be also in my first year playing in 2016. I was getting ready for practice and I put my girdle the opposite way. I did not notice until halfway through practice. My teammates still bring it up till this day.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Nas – I can
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- It would have to be effort. Somethings are not always in your control but a ` player’s motor and will to win is what can turn the tide.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- If I could bring one person back from the dead, I would have to be Michael Jackson. In my opinion he is the greatest artist of all time. It would be very interesting to have a conversation with him and pick his brain.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- Sam’s “Dude it’s Friday, trying to hit Sam’s tonight?!?”
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- I would have to give it to Cam Jordan. I don’t always think he gets the credit that is deserved by being a great pass rusher.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected. I feel like a lot come when you are respected and people hold you to a certain standard. People will do anything just to be liked. They would embarrass themselves and the others around them just to get a couple of laughs and it is something I could never understand. It’s also impossible to try to get everyone to like you. You can lose yourself trying to be someone your not just for the sake of being liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- I would have to say Derrick Rose. His MVP season was one of the greatest I have ever seen but injuries prevented him from reaching his full potential.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- I hate to lose more than anything. When i lose in anything, it hurts a lot more than the joy of winning. This is not only in relations to football but in the classroom as well.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- The biggest influence in my life would have to be my mother.she is the reason why I am the person I am today. She has supported me in with every i chose to do in life and continues to do so as I get older. I cannot imagine life without her.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Fantasy Doctors: Cooper Kupp Injury Update | Cooper boarded the plane nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/01/cooper… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/0UKTl9LaQ3
about 2 hours ago
- This is awesome for D3 football players everywhere. Remember his name the kid is built for this! @draftguyjimmy was… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Appreciate the love! Our crew is amazing! @JonM_Salter @jrberendzen @NflHeads2020 @that_sports_guy @DrJesseMorse… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Urban Meyer has some smart former coaches of his out there available. Charlie Strong is out there, Doc Holliday re… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago