- Name: Robert Samuel Jr
- Height: 6’4
- Weight: 295
- Position: OT
- College: Alabama A&M
- Twitter: Robertsamueljr1
•Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
My hometown is Tuscaloosa, Al. It’s a growing city with many college students attending 3 different schools. One of the schools being U of A. My hometown being a college town brings many opportunities to younger people because we are the focus here. What l love most about my hometown is having my family around.
• List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
1. Strength and conditioning: You have to be healthy and strong because your body takes and gives blows ,your body is what’s gonna get looked at the most to pass the eye test.
2.Film: Film is important because you have to study your opponent’s tendencies and see their strengths and Weakness.
3. practice: You have to practice so you can perfect your craft and carry things over to the game. you play how you practice.
•What do you worry about, and why?
I don’t worry about things, I control what I can control and pray and let God handle it.
• Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
I failed at not starting my freshman year in high school because my coach told me I was too little to play Oline at the time. Next offseason I got in the weight room and put on some weight and started the next 3 years of my high school career. when I reach failure I think about this quote “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” I react to failure by overcoming it.
• What do your teammates say is your best quality?
My teammates say my Sense of humor is one of my best qualities. I’m always trying to keep smiles on people faces even if I’m not in a good mood.
• Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
Jalen Steward -Samford University
• What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
I would be a sports agent because I like to call my self a businessman.
• Room, desk, and car – which do you clean first?
I say Room because that tells you what kind of person you are, by having a neat room or not.
• If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
Family member. Family is everything to me.
• If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
I would be bugs bunny because he always outsmarts his opponent’s, and I carry that with me when I watch film, I always see what my opponent lacks at doing.
• Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
I had to sit out during my freshman year of college not playing football, so that year I stayed focused on the field and off the field, then I worked on my craft and got back on the field the following year.
• What is your most embarrassing moment?
My most embarrassing moment was when I was 6 years old, I was playing basketball for the YMCA. In a game, I fell face-first on the court and chipped my tooth. The worst feeling ever is walking around smiling with a chipped tooth.
• What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
My most memorable play was in the Hall of fame game in Canton, Ohio. Driving the ball down the field doing 2 min drill in the 4th quarter with not a lot of time left. My QB throws a touchdown and we won.
• What song best describes your work ethic?
Dedicated by NBA young boy
• What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level? Football IQ, you always can be a student of the game.
• If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
My grandpa. He always gave me advice and life lessons.
• If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Rays Boom Boom room
• Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
Brandon Parker OT Raiders
• Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
Respected, I say respect because you can not like someone but still respect them. Respect is something that is earned, it comes from within the person.
• What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
Greg Hardy, I feel like he was a hot head and couldn’t control himself from getting into altercations with his coaches and teammates.
• Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
I hate to lose
• Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My little brother is the biggest influence in my life because I want to show him that everything I can do he can do as well and better. I always want to be someone he can look up to.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
By: Josh Shippen 33. Jacksonville Jaguars – Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU 34. New York...
Podcast Description: Beyond The Negotiation hosted by NFL Agents Sam Tiger and Hygens Succes takes listeners on...
In this episode we talk about Dillon Gabriel‘s performance under the new offensive scheme...
Zack Moss is ready for this upcoming season. Moss also wants to silence the...