- Name: Richard McCauley
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 190
- Position: WR
- College: Kansas Wesleyan University
- Twitter: @McCauleyRichard
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from Oklahoma City. I love how much the city is growing. I also love the people in the city and all of the great food options.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film study is the most important because it is crucial to know your opponent, the mental aspect of the game is over half of the battle. Strength and conditioning is second for me because it is the foundation of getting your body in the best possible shape to prepare yourself for success during the season. Practice is third, but the importance of practice is still huge in the teams overall success.
What do you worry about, and why?
• It is in our human nature to worry, but I aim to avoid worrying because I know that God is in control of my path.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I tried out for the Oklahoma State Football team. My combine numbers were not what I was hoping and I did not make the team. I felt like a failure, but I knew God had another plan for me. I worked as hard as I possibly could and chose to not give up on my dreams. This mentality has led me to where I am at now and I would not trade it for anything.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My sense of humor. I try to have fun in everything I do, especially when it comes to football.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I have played against a ton of great opponents, but I always try to keep my focus on my own execution and not how good my opponent is.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I am a huge people person so I would love working in sales when I am done playing football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Definitely my room. I hate sleeping in a dirty environment.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• If I had to choose, I would save my family member. Besides my faith, family is the most important thing to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Will Smith off of The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire. He was always having fun.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My dad was not able to be in my life when I was younger because he was in prison. My mom worked nights and as the oldest I had to take care of my three younger brothers. I had to grow up faster than most kids, but it made me stronger. Going through the struggles that I went through have ultimately motivated me. I am determined to be the best father and husband that I can be.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I got beat up in front of my girlfriend when I was in the fourth grade.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My one-handed catch against Southwestern.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• We Own It- Wiz Khalifa. It talks about staying ready so you don’t have to get ready.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Persistence. You will not always succeed the first time. What you do after you are told “no” determines your career.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Tupac, because he was a super cool person and so he could tell me who killed him.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• 2live85. That is my nickname and it sounds like it could be the name of a club.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Chad Ochocinco. He is a former player, but he is extremely underrated. His footwork, effect on the game and playmaking ability does not get enough credit. He is my favorite receiver.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. I am a people person so I value being liked, but being liked is not the key to me getting places.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• There are certain people I grew up with who went through unfortunate circumstances. Seeing individuals like these not being able to reach their full potential is something that hurts me.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate losing. Although winning is great, I am never fully satisfied with winning.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• I am not able to name just one person. There have been multiple people who have been instrumental in my success as a human being. My mom is one because I watched her struggle my whole life and seeing her perseverance and selflessness has taught me so much. My wife that I met when I was 15 years old is one because ever since she has come into my life she has been my biggest supporter and motivator throughout everything. My last person is my Youth Pastor, Aaron Wolfe. He has been a huge part of my life since I was 16 years old and has challenged me and guided me spiritually. We are still great friends to this day.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- ICYMI:Louisiana Community College Huskies pick up a monumental win in Stafford nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/louisi… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors injury update on Cowboys QB Andy Dalton; How bad is his injury?… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 27 mins ago
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Odell Beckham Jr. Injury update, Belief is he has a major knee injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 35 mins ago
- Me every week twitter.com/allbrightnfl/s…
about 2 hours ago
- You know what, I give credit where it is due. The Jets secondary did well. Bless Austin is maybe the best young pr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago