- Name: Landon Jones
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 225
- Position: Middle Linebacker
- College: Southwestern Assemblies of God University (SAGU)
- Twitter: @ImLandonJones
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Waco, Texas and what I love most about it is the diversity. The city wasn’t diverse at first, but the more the city grows and expands the more diverse the city became. Along with that came food and the food is huge in my household.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, and Practice. Strength and Conditioning is the most important to me, because you have to be in the best physical shape in your life to play a game that is hard on your body. If you aren’t physically prepared to play the game, it’ll be hard to make it through a season or even a game. Film study is the next important, because film reveals alot in your play, other single players play and team play. It helps me pick up on tendencies the offense have and how to read certain lineman. It is all a mental preparation and that is the reason why film study is just as important as strength and conditioning, because most of the game is mental. Lastly, practice is important, because you are working to get in game shape for the week and you are preparing yourself for the opponent. Practice is mainly for sharpening your tools at a high level for the game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about not making it to the next level, because I love the game. This game of football has done alot for me and it’s hard to not see me play at the next level in my life. It drives me to work harder
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I failed plenty of times, but I failed at separating myself from other players my sophomore year in only receiving honorable mention honors. I worked harder, studied more and matured. This lead to me receiving 1st team conference honors and 2nd team All-American honors my junior year.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My work ethic is my best quality.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Desmond Nisby, Running Back, Texas Wesleyan
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Football coach, or a business owner
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room because it is my private space and I need it to be clean to function.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member, because family is important to me and I am close with my family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• John Wick, because he is that dude. He is smart, has fundamentals, and he knows his competition. He always sticks with his training and has a plan. He fights with a purpose.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity would have to be when I broke my hand and kept playing with it broke for 2 and a half weeks. I overcame it by clubbing it up and keep working no matter what pain i endured during the time. My team needed me.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment would be my Junior year of high school. I had Pre-AP Spanish 3 and we had to present the first week. After presentations, I was put into a new class.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• I had a huge sack my Junior year against Texas Wesleyan.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Knock Tha Hustle by Cozz (feat J. Cole)
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• My intelligence of the game of football.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma, on my mothers side, because she died when I was really young. She was in her 50s when she died and it would be nice to talk to her and see where my brothers and I are at in this stage of our life
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Lando’s Dance Plaza
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Anthony Hitchens is underrated. He is a ballplayer at linebacker and I always see him making plays
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, because everybody that is respected are liked. People can like you and still not respect you or your game. I would rather people respect me and not like me.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Reuben Foster, because he had been lied on multiple times by his girlfriend coming out of college and just getting to a point where he is making a presence in the league. He is a good linebacker and he recently tore his knee, so everything right now can seem hard for him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose. I would rather win but you can still learn from wins just like you do losses. I hate losing, because it shows a sign of failure.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My parents have, because they taught me just about everything in my life. The characteristics they have are primarily what I want. They have influenced me into the type of man that I want to be. Mainly by how they raised my brothers and I has lead me to give this answer. They play a big part in my life and I am grateful for that.