- Name: Jordan Willis
- Height: 6’4”
- Position: OLB/DE
- College: Peru State College
- Twitter: @jordan9willis
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Denver Colorado is one of a kind, the most I love about it is that there’s good vibes everywhere you go.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and conditioning, film study, and practice. I say strength and conditioning is the most important because if you not as strong or stronger than your opponent and they are more conditioned then you it is going to be tough to defeat them. Second being film because if you go into a game without knowing what your opponent is doing then you don’t know exactly what to practice, then that goes to practice being last. Last because it’s really the last preparation before a game.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about letting my family down, growing up there was a lot of hype around me going to the league and if I don’t make it I feel like I let a lot of my supporters down.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Freshmen year, got beat on a route for a long touchdown pass, I seen it as a learning experience and worked on my techniques so I won’t get beat on that route again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Athletic and covers space quickly
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Garrett Bolles is one of the best lineman I played against in college, played against him my freshmen year when he played at Snow College
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Criminal justice major so I will be in that field of work.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, it’s your place of work and you don’t want others to see your messy desk because they would think your work is messy and not want to do buisness with you.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would chose family member because I’m a family guy and would do anything for my family so I wouldn’t choose three unknown lives for one of my family members.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Johnny Bravo, he just shows that he has a lot of confidence. Flexing all day and talking to the ladies would not be too bad to do.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity would be losing my grandmother. She was someone who helped my mom raise me and my siblings so when I lost her I felt hopeless and was about to quit school and football, but I just thought of her and what she would want me to do so I just stuck with it and it was a good choice. But it’s something I don’t think I’d ever overcome I just use the fire in my heart to keep me going.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Most embarrassing moment would be my junior year in high school, we had a televised basketball game in Utah and I had got sent to the free throw line and I air balled on national tv.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My freshmen year at Glendale Community College second game against Mesa cc, I had a one handed pick for 87 yards plus the touchdown.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Dedication – Nipsey Hussle
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Smarts, I feel like if you know the game you can be successful at the next level.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandma, like I said before she was like my second mom and seeing her again and just hugging her one more time would be good for me.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Club Willis
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Most underrated player to me would have to be Brian Burns who plays for the Carolina Panthers, his game is somewhat similar to mine and I just feel like he doesn’t get as much praise as he should. But he will soon be on the top.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected, just because respect can take you long ways and I feel like that’s how it is for me on the field, a lot of my opponents don’t like me but they do respect my game.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon, he was one of my favorite players. Not sure what his problem really is off the field but I just hope he pulls through so the league can see what he really got.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
My mom, growing up I didn’t really know how much she did for us and being grown and understanding the real world I see how much she sacrificed to get us the things we needed and even wanted sometimes. So she just showed me that anything can be done as long as you put your mind to and she really is why I am the way I am today.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Randy Beidelschies, RB, Macalester University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Preston Guerra, TE/FB, CSU-Pueblo nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/presto… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- This fight is boring. Usman is a boring fighter
about 6 hours ago
- Who is winning?
about 6 hours ago
- Did You See This:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Randy Beidelschies, RB, Macalester University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 7 hours ago