- Name: Jordan Cartwright
- Height: 6-2
- Weight: 205
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Livingstone College
- Twitter: @15JayC
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Miami Florida. I love Being from here because obviously great weather but being from here you see exactly how diverse the world is from the people to the opportunities out there in life there are so many things a person can be and do with yourself and you can see all of that being from here.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study, Strength and Conditioning, Practice. I feel film study is above all else the most important because if you study the right way you can play despite anything, you know what’s coming and what’s happening. There are players in the NFL who are old veterans playing off straight film study they know everything that’s coming. Strength and conditioning is second because that is a very important aspect of being an Athlete period to perform at a high level. Practice is very important because this is where you apply the first two and help things become second nature to you
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry much but I worry from time to time about my future making sure I accomplish all of my goals and achieve everything I’ve set out to do. I try not to really worry much because I feel it affects the now which is always what’s most important.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• One time I failed at something was when I was in high school everyone wanted to play for the all-star travel 7on7 teams there were two main ones at the time Florida Fire and South Florida express. I tried out for Florida fire which was a newer team and didn’t make it and a few of my teammates did I told them that week in school I was going to try out for express they laughed and told me if you didn’t make fire why you even wasting your time going out there to tryout for express you aren’t about to make it but I went made it and we actually beat fire in the IMG tournament I was really proud of myself for that.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Teammates say my best quality is my route running and my releases. I am proud of this because these are two things I work hard on all the time and try to perfect day after day.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Joshua Simmons
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• My Career would be associated with football some way I would love to be a scout or a Director of the player personnel for a Team. I love the game and have so much I feel I can give back to the game if I couldn’t play.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, Got to have my personal Space neat
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose a Family member. Family is family and my family is extremely important and would definitely come first .
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would definitely be Iron-Man. He’s a regular dude super innovative figures out every problem thrown his way and his Iron-Man suits are pretty cool.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My Biggest adversity in life was getting put on academic probation and having to leave my first school limestone college. This was extremely difficult for me coming come and not really knowing what I was going to do next. I ended up having to go to junior college at ASA Miami Which was a grind. I learned a lot about myself during this time and learned how to push through and never give up on myself I learned its never over if you don’t want it to be. I Graduated from ASA in a year and a half with my associates degree a 3.2 GPA and a scholarship to Livingstone college.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• I really can’t remember I probably erased it from my memory
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first collegiate touchdown getting that was a great feeling
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Boss my life up- kodak black
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Belief in yourself and determination. I feel these go hand in hand so I’m counting them as one quality.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Probably Sean Taylor. I feel he was the best football player to play football and I would love to sit and talk with him and pick his brain about hard work and the passion and love he had for the game I watched his highlights everyday growing up even though I played receiver. I’ve watched every program and documentary about him possible so to meet him for a day would be great.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Emmanuel Sanders. People don’t realize how great he is at his position his routes are so smooth and he has great hands and is also a good teammate. He’s been apart of some great receiving corps from his days with the Steelers to the broncos to now the 49ers never complained about his role just made every play that came to him. I love watching him play.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Its impossible to be liked by everyone because so many people like different things so to be liked you would have to constantly be trying to do and act completely different and you can lose yourself and who you are trying to be liked and in the end you still wont be liked by everyone so I would say respected because that’s being you and being honest with your own values.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• I would have to say Josh Gordon. His career isn’t over but I would definitely say derailed. I feel like he was at the height of his career the best receiver in the game and he just couldn’t get it together and had such a mindset of I can just do what I want I’m producing. There’s more to being a professional than just your production there’s also a certain way to carry yourself and certain things you can’t do. I’m happy has still in the NFL and doing better because he’s still one of my favorite players to watch and I am still rooting for him.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My Father by far is the biggest influence on my life. Just watching him growing up see how he approached everything always believing he can get anything he wants done and always actually getting it done some way some how no matter how undoable it may have seemed and making sure our family was well taken care of. I watched him go to work literally every single day or night never complained just did it. I find myself with this strong work ethic and I know for a fact this is where it came from. I remember one time during a hurricane we were out of power for like a week and there were super long lines to get ice and water and the stores were running out because they had limited supplies because they didn’t have power ether and we needed stuff and he left and a few hours later he came back and had everything we needed. I just thought that was the best thing ever. I find myself all the time doing things, working hard, or just believing I can do certain things that people tell me I can’t and will just think to myself man I got this from my dad this crazy.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Aaron Watson Jr , CB, North Greenville University | 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Zoom INterview youtu.be/YWr_pX6aROk
about 8 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kentavious Thomas, RB, Fort Valley State University… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Aaron Watson, CB, North Greenville University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/aaron-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- Last Chance:NFL Transactions for October 20, 2020; Daily Workouts, Signings, and Roster Cuts… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 58 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Kentavious Thomas, RB, Fort Valley State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/kentav… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 2 hours ago