- Name: Jonel Reed
- Height: 6’2
- Weight: 205
- Position: Receiver
- College: University of Mary-Hardin Baylor
- Twitter: Jonelreed1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Fort Worth, Texas and it’s pretty big, with a lot to do. I can never go wrong going back home seeing friends and family. Highschool football is huge in Texas too so that’s a big plus.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• If I’m being honest I believe Practice is the most important. This is the only sport where you practice more than you play, so you have to love to enjoy it. Plus practice is so important when it comes to preparation, and it gives you the confidence and ability to perform when game day comes. Next for me would be film study which really gives you an edge over everybody else. Knowing teams tendencies and how they lineup to certain formations just gives away a lot about them. Lastly but really important strength and conditioning. That’s something you should of been working on in the summer and maintaining through the season.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Over the years I’ve learned not to worry about much. We aren’t made to worry and I know God gots me at the end of the day!
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• I remember my senior year of high school I got invited to a camp by a college coach. They basically wanted to see if what I did in person would match my film. Basically nerves got to me and I did terrible. That moment really tested me because it was a lost opportunity, but I kept working hard and ended up at a college that I enjoy playing for.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• It would probably be that I work hard. I feel like time is limited so anytime I have to work my butt off I’m going to plus there’s reason not to.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Bradley Mitchell
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be an accountant. I would pursue that if I couldn’t play football.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would have to clean my room..that’s where most of my time is spent, then my car, and then the desk.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would try to save everybody, but if it came down to it I would save the one family member. Family is a big deal to me. There’s nothing i wouldn’t do for family.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would have to be captain America lol. He’s in a role of a leader and especially leading by example and I feel like I fall into that category.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My freshman year of college I was really challenged in football and realizing that it wasn’t my time yet. I hated not being able to play all the way up to not wanting to pursue playing the sport anymore. I’ve come to realize a lot since that time I patiently waited for my time and opportunity to come and ran with it.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• It has to be when I fumbled at the 1 yard line in the 7th grade. I thought I was about to score then it ended up being a touchback.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
Freshman year I wasn’t on the field, but it ended up being an interception to seal our schools first ever national championship.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• I’m upset-drake
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Work ethic and the will to get better
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother. She was one of the sweetest ladies from what I remember. She passed away when I was young and I would like to get to know her more than I did.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Stefon Diggs
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected than liked. I don’t care what many people think of me so you don’t have to like me. I don’t need everyone to like me but respect is just on a different level.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Josh Gordon. He was really good just couldn’t get right and I wanted to see where his career could go if he was doing right.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose more than a lot of things.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My mother has been one of the biggest influences. There’s been times where she has had to go out of her way to make sure my siblings and I have everything we need. She’s done a lot and has been someone that I can always depend on even when I do something wrong. I tend to feed off that work ethic she has had and making sure I make her proud.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- NFL Transactions for September 30, 2020; Roster Cuts, Daily Workouts and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 33 mins ago
- Breaking: Seahawks have signed OLB Tim Williams to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/breaki… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/e9Js9bBVqS
about 33 mins ago
- Breaking: Seahawks have signed OLB Tim Williams to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/tim-wi… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/MLl2dY7py6
about 37 mins ago
- ICYMI:Former Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth arrested for domestic violence nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/albert… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 39 mins ago
- Breaking: Seahawks have signed OLB Tim Williams to their practice squad nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/breaki… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/pPU3WW8mBY
about 41 mins ago