- Name: Johnny Russell
- Height: 6’2′
- Weight: 235
- Position: DE/LB
- College: Lane College
- Twitter: @Johnny19870563
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I was born in Cleveland, Ms and moved to the city of Memphis when I was 3…Growing up I spent majority of my childhood summers in Mississippi..
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study is extremely important to watch, Me personally enjoy watching the things I don’t do so well so I can work on getting them corrected. Also studying every small details about my opponents is very important as well so that when its Gametime I can play fast.
Strength and conditioning pays a huge part in being in shape and ready to play at a high level when its time.
Practice is just about the most important part of any sport, without it a team (player) wouldn’t do a Great job at Executing
What do you worry about, and why?
• I don’t worry about nothing I can’t control
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Once upon a time in my college career, I thought I would never get a chance to scrap on another helmet. Not only that but get a degree, but I made a vow to myself to go enroll a hour down the road from Memphis and walk on and earn what I knew I had control over, and that’s my SUCCESS!!!
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Being Vocal and Leading by example not just talk.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Brandon Mack CB from Northwest CC
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Coaching (training)
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Sitting in the hospital bed told I was close to being in a coma, during the same time of football season began. Watching college football saying to myself that I’m going to lace them up again
What is your most embarrassing moment?
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Playing linebacker a game my senior year. It was my first time back at it since high school
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Starlito “can’t fail until you quit”
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
•My Family is my biggest influence especially Parents because without them I wouldn’t have gotten this close to a Degree.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds