- Name: John Smith III
- Height: 5’10
- Weight: 260
- Position: OL/FB
- College: Southwestern College
- Twitter: @jjohnnyboy521
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is New York, where I was raised and glad to call it home. The thing I love about it the most is the city that never sleeps and I love the public transportation and the people
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Film Study
Strength & Conditioning
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about my family because they are the ones who support me every day and get me going so I can be the best person I can be
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• An example of when I failed at something is when I didn’t reach my goal to get back to play for spring ball when I tore my ACL the season before. The way I reacted is that I was depressed and down on myself. I have overcome this failure by going harder every day in rehab and over the summer. Also when I came back for the season I ended up starting and I was proud of myself for not giving up.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• My teammates would say my best quality is that I’m a hard worker or would say my knowledge of the game is phenomenal
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• The best player I ever played against in college was Dylan Cole the linebacker for Missouri State
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I know if I didn’t play football my career would be to pursue as an engineer or architecture
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• I would clean my room first
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I would choose my family member because they are my family member I have known my whole life and I would do anything for them no matter what
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• I would be Detective James Carter, Chris Tucker from the movie Rush Hour. I would be him because he is the life of the party and funny. Also he is driven and never gives up even if he messes up.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in life is when I tore my ACL my freshman year. It was my first play of that game and next thing you know my knee is gone. I didn’t deal with very good, I was so depressed and didn’t feel like I was alone. I overcame this adversity by reading the bible and keep having faith.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment is when my quarterback had thrown an interception and I missed a wide open tackle and got juked
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• The most memorable play of my collegiate career is when I got my first start after coming back from my injury
What song best describes your work ethic?
• 1942 Flows by Meek Mill, it describes my worth ethic by being shot down by different schools and giving up to play the game I love
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• The most important trait I have to help me succeed at the next level is my knowledge of the game and plays, also my technique and being short because it is easier to get under people
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• I would bring back by grandfather on my dad’s side because I never got to meet him and I was named after him so I want him to teach me things that my dad got taught.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• I would name it Social Circle
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Cooper Kupp
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• I would rather be respected by Ezekiel Elliott because not only he is my favorite player but because I would like for him to see my work and my drive I put towards the community in giving back and other stuff.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Ezekiel Elliott, whenever he got falsely accused of domestic violence he had to sit out 6 games because a female wanted to ruin his career
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I would say hate to lose because I hate having that feeling in my stomach and thinking of the scoreboard
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• The biggest influence on my life has been my brother because I have always looked up to him since he is my older brother. He has had a big impact on my life because he played in the NFL for 11 years and he taught me everything, the ins and outs. He has always been hard on me and just want the best for me because he knows am a fighter and never give up.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Head Coach Rankings After Six Weeks of NFL nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/head-c… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/oBfTaAZOiA
about 6 mins ago
- Last Chance:Best surprising draft picks of the past decade nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/surpri… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/vNTRLiBSG6
about 7 mins ago
- Did You See This:Son and Father shot at a Youth Football game in Florida, Father’s dead nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/youth-…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 13 mins ago
- Last Chance:2021 NFL Draft Small School Prospect Rankings with over 1000 Players nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/2021-n… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 14 mins ago
- 5 Upcoming 2021 Free Agents That Need to Prove Their Worth nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/10/free-a… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/ET8mfDEQTn
about 16 mins ago