- Name: Jeff Nicolas
- Height: 6”0
- Weight: 165
- Position: K/P
- College: Illinois College
- Twitter: @Jsn_5
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown is Manchester, MO located in West St. Louis County. My favorite part about living here is that you can find almost anything on Manchester Road, from food to stores it’s got it all.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Practice, Film Study, Strength and Conditioning. Practice makes perfect, stay quiet do your job and let success make the noise. Film Study is next because as a K/P it is very important to dissect the little things to make sure you’re executing them properly. Last I chose Strength and Conditioning because if you do not train you will not progress and will stay stagnant.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Making sure my parents are taken care of before they are gone. I say this because they can be gone in the blink of an eye, all the sacrifices they have made for me has made me the individual I am today.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Last year was my first year playing football since freshman year of high school and I did not account for the wind and accidently kicked the ball OB on a kickoff during homecoming. I had never done this before, instead of freaking out and letting it ruin the rest of the game for me I used it to motivate me to finish the rest of the game strong.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• I can always make them laugh, and I am a team player no matter the circumstances.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Joey Biel, K/P- Monmouth College
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Nurse Anesthetist
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Desk, Car, Room. I chose Desk first because this is the most important place for me out of the 3 to get things done at. Next, I chose Car because my dad always said to me someone’s vehicle is a deception of their life, if they don’t take care of their car how do you expect them to take care of someone else. Last I chose Room because this is more of a private place, whether it’s a little messy or not does not concern anyone except yourself.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Not to be selfish but I would choose my one family member, to me family is everything. This motto has been instilled in from the Illinois College Football Program.
#FOE- Family Over Everything
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Ellen DeGeneres, because I admire her positive attitude toward life in general. She also gets to interact with a lot of different people.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• When my Grandfather passed away, we were super close, and I was his first grandchild. He was a Vietnam War Veteran, before each football game when the national anthem is played, I use that time to dedicate it to him.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• It had rained one game, I was warming up in the kicking net and I slipped and fell on my butt in front of everyone.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Scoring the first points of the season this year for my team which lead to a victory. It also happened be my first field goal in a collegiate game, it was 33 yards.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Hard Work Pays Off-Future
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Be coachable always, you have two ears to listen for a reason.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Uncle Ricky who passed away from cancer. I would want him to be able to see me play because I know he would be proud of me and how far I have come.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Drew Chance Show
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Daniel Carlson, Kicker for the Raiders
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Definitely respected, not everyone in life is going to like you no matter how hard you try. It’s important to be genuine & treat people the way you wish to be treated. That’s how you earn respect.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel, so much pure raw talent just a shame what happened to him. I think he will come back stronger than ever eventually and everybody will be sleeping on him still.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Love to win. Plain and simple, you can’t win every single time look at Tom Brady. It’s how you learn to deal with losing that will take you to the next level.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
Zack Dewitt, Former All-American Place Kicker for Illinois College. I was able to learn a lot from him and he took me under his wing and showed me how to do things the right way, can’t thank him enough for that.
•As well as my parents for providing me with numerous opportunities for success.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tre McNeil, DB, Gannon University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/tre-mc… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 3 hours ago
- 2022 NFL Transactions for June 24, 2021 | Daily Workouts, Roster Cuts, and Signings nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/transa… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 4 hours ago
- Anything helps twitter.com/rantingron716/…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Carl Igweh, DL, Frostburg State University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/carl-i…… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
- Last Chance:2022 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Devin Aguilar, DB, Butler University nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/06/devin-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 5 hours ago
Texas A&M defensive back Leon O’Neal Jr recently sat down with Chris DiCerbo on...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Obinna Eze. Together we...
By Craig Forrestal In this episode, we get to know Chris Ferguson. Together we...
USC Trojans linebacker Hunter Echols sat down with Chris Dicerbo on Slightly Personal, Always...