- Name: Jared Lancaster
- Height: 5’ 11”
- Weight: 205 lbs.
- Position: Wide Receiver
- College: Southern Arkansas University
- Twitter: @J_Lancaster10
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
- My hometown is Bossier City, Louisiana. What I love most about it is that it’s a smaller city that runs into a big one. I can still get big city vibes, but a slower paced feel at home.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
- Film Study, Practice, then Strength and Conditioning. Film Study is important because you can watch and learn the tendencies of your opponent. Practice is next because you need to practice your craft and timing as a team. Then last is Strength and Conditioning, the weight room is important because you need to be in shape to compete at high levels.
What do you worry about, and why?
- On the field I am worried about performing for myself and my teammates, off the field I worry about my overall health and fitness. I worry about these things because I want to do everything I can to help my team in any situation.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
- Throughout my schooling I have struggled with time management and studying habits, this has become one of my biggest failures. Over time I have learned how to juggle things a little better and stay on top of my stuff.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
- My teammates feel that leadership is my greatest quality, on and off the field.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
- Samuel Webb, a cornerback of Missouri Western is the best player I have played against. He houses a good technique and knowledge of the game.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
- If football is not an option, I plan on joining the United States Air Force as an officer in a tactical position. After my time in the Air Force I hope to become a strength and conditioning coach as weights and training is something I take a lot of pride in.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
- I would clean my room first, I want to keep this space clean as it is where I spend most of my time.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
- I would save my family member in a disaster situation due to the fact that my family has always been there for me, this is something I would do for them without hesitation.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
- I would be Deadpool, he is a hero that can still have a good sense of humor.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
- The greatest adversity I have faced with football is the inability to receive proper training. While I have been blessed with the opportunities I have been given and the coaches I have had, I feel like I could be at a different level with proper training.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
- My most embarrassing moment to date was in the third grade. I was up at the board attempting to spell a vocabulary word, and peed my pants, in front of the class.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
- The most memorable play of my college career was in my game against Henderson my redshirt sophomore year. I ran a post, made the catch, and ran it in with no one in sight.
What song best describes your work ethic?
- Unlikable by Reese LAFLARE best describes my work ethic. No matter who or what gets in my way, I will work to get past it and be better.
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
- The most important trait I have that will help me at the next level is my work ethic. I will always be willing to put in the extra work for my team.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
- If I could bring one person back from the dead, it would be my grandma. My grandma has always been my biggest supporter and go to person, I would give anything to get to hang out with her for one more day.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
- The Nightshift, no one has to know you are off work, you’re working the nightshift.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
- Trent Taylor of the San Francisco 49ers is the most underrated player in the NFL.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
- I would rather be respected. Respect is something that must be earned, and while someone may not particularly like me, if I have gained their respect then I have succeeded.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
- Devon Still, who played for the Bengals had his life turned upside down when his daughter was diagnosed with cancer. While I feel for him, I mostly respect him for taking time to fight with his little girl throughout her battle.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
- Due to my competitive nature, I HATE to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My grandma has been my biggest influencer thus far. No matter what path I was going down, she knew how to set me straight.
Follow Us on Facebook