- Name: Jacquese Johnson
- Height: 6’0
- Weight: 175
- Position: CB
- College: American International College
- Twitter: @__selfsuccess
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I’m from Paterson, New Jersey also known as Silk City. Where nothing is given only earned. You get what you put in living here but you learn many lessons along the way. It’s currently a player playing in the NFL from Paterson – Mike Adams (Houston Texans). Also former players Victor Cruz (NY Giants), Gerald Hayes (Arizona Cardinals) and Marcel Shipp (Arizona Cardinals). What I love the most about my hometown is the energy and support behind the athletic teams from a young age encouraging you to keep striving for success.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• I would go with strength & conditioning first because in order to perform at the best of your ability, stay healthy and in shape you must be conditioned. Second, film study it prepares you for your opponent giving you a visual of what their tendencies, strength and weaknesses, etc are to put you at advantage in your match up. Last is practice, the preparation is key to the game. This is when you put it all together.
What do you worry about, and why?
• My future it’s on my mind all the time and the suspicion of what is next to come keeps me going.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• During the spring semester of my junior year I struggled academically causing me to be ineligible for my last collegiate season. I was disappointed in myself knowing I let down my family, teammates and coaches. I went to practice every day and competed with my teammates to prepare them for their games on Saturday’s. I remained focused continued to progress in school and my game until it was time to play again.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Leadership/ Personality
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Deonte Harris
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• CEO, Coaching or Trainer
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One family member for sure because family come first.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Denzel Washington because every movie he’s in a leader and discover new ways to overcome obstacles.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• Being a low recruit out of high school. Not knowing if I would be handed an opportunity for college ball. I pushed myself past my limits giving me the energy to go harder to earn an opportunity.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Missing a game saving interception my junior year of high school.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• My first college interception.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Lil baby – Days Off
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Be coachable and be able to understand the game of football.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My grandmother, she was the reason for a lot of the good things that happened in my life and I know it’ll put a smile on everyone’s face.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Light Show Club
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Alvin Kamara
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected because it goes a long way. Those who do not like you will lay back because of the level of respect they have for you.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Shawn Oakman he was falsely accused of a crime before he was able to pursue his NFL dream.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• Hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
- My mom and my little brother is the biggest influence on my life. Knowing everything they been through and going through is a constant reminder to myself that there is no time to be letting up and go harder.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- We are so excited to add @JonM_Salter to our arsenal on Draft Diamonds. He is a huge Eagles fan (forgive him), but… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 40 mins ago
- NFL Transactions for September 18, 2020; Signings, Roster Cuts, and Daily Workouts nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/nfl-tr… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 47 mins ago
- Five Fantasy Diamonds in the Rough from Week 1 nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/fantas… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/IRHCt8yMo3
about 54 mins ago
- ICYMI:Breaking: Colts are expected to work out DE Mike Onuoha nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/09/mike-o… #NFL #NFLDraftNews https://t.co/JASHZzz31U
about 54 mins ago
- Week 2 Preview: Los Angeles Rams vs. Philadelphia Eagles ift.tt/3iJhnSW
about 1 hour ago