• Name: Jack Cassar
• Height: 6’3
• Weight: 230
• Position: Inside Linebacker
• College: Carleton University
• Instagram: Jackcassar1
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• My hometown of LornePark, Mississauga is a place where many great athletes are from in Canada. From NFL players like Brent Urban to NHL stars like Dylan Strome, Lorne Park was always known to be a factory of great athletes.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
•Strength and Conditioning, Practice, Film Study. I believe to be able to play in the pro’s especially as a football player your strength and conditioning allows you to be able to compete with the best. I strongly believe that you improve your game most in practice which is why I had it ahead of film study. Having practice to be able to work on things like your technique is key. Lastly, film study to be able to raise your game to another level and to be able to slow down the game for you after already seeing film on what and who you will be facing. I believe visualizing while watching film is important.
What do you worry about, and why?
• Sometimes I worry about not achieving my goals. I put a lot of pressure on myself and hold high standards along with countless hours of work to get where I want to be.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• There was a short time in my life where I was failing in all aspects but being that low in life really woke me up and made me realize that this was not for me. I over came the failure by simply doing the right thing.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Aggression and Intensity.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
•Tre Ford, Quarterback for Waterloo.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• One Family member, because there are strangers who die everyday. My family is the reason why I do what I do.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
•Batman, because he’s a badass, saves the city and is liked and respected by everyone
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
•Living overseas and constantly changing schools I had to adjust to new environments many times and live and be alongside a lot of different people. It also made me into who I am today so I am grateful for that.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Too many.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
•Making a huge hit on the Quarter back in front of the largest crowd (24,000) at a university game in Canada ( Panda Game)
What song best describes your work ethic?
•Taking Care of Business- Randy Bachman
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
•Nasty Agression, high intensity, and strong confidence
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• My Grandfather, because I was not really able to get to know him and would love to know about his life and hear some of his insight
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• The Carleton because it is a specific dance move and is the University I attended so it would work well.
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
•Eric Ebron, because every time I watched the Cold he had a great game and shows that he has all the attributes and tools to be one of the greats.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
•Respected, I don’t care who likes me or not. Respect comes from your character and people with good character are usually liked.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
•Vontaze Burfict for the Raiders. I felt I had a similar playing style to him with his aggression and physical play, and I feel at times his penalties were not necessarily his fault. I hope he comes back strong next season.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mother has been the biggest influence in my life, raising me as a single mother with a younger sister, I know it wasn’t easy putting food on the table but she managed and deserves the world for it.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tyler Dressler, LB, University of Richmond nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/05/tyler-… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 12 mins ago
- This better happen! #WashingtonRedtails https://t.co/SLnwt2sxPh
about 19 mins ago
- ICYMI:418 players in the NFL are from Non-FBS schools; Find out who all made the list inside… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 19 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Tyrell Ford, DB, Waterloo University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/tyrell… @UWaterloo @WlooFTB
about 20 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Duval Paul, DL, Georgetown University - nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/07/duval-… @SelfMade_Paul91… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 20 mins ago