- • Name: Isaiah Pierre
- • Height: 5’10
- • Weight: 185
- • Position: Nickelback, Safety, CB
- • College: Elizabeth City State University
- • Twitter: @FieldRunnaZay
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• I am from a neighborhood named Little Haiti in Miami, Florida but I grew up about 15 minutes up north in a city named Dania Beach which is also Broward County’s first city. Culture, Food, Diversity, Scenery, and Weather is the main things I love about South Florida. It’s one of the few places in the United States where you can eat Haitian, Jamaican, Cuban, or soul food then head out to relax your mind by lying down on warm sands at a dazzling beach.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Strength and Conditioning, Film Study, Practice are the order of important to me. Obtaining a Degree in Kinesiology really enhanced my knowledge regarding training. Film Study, Practice and Strength and Conditioning is similar to the stages of motor leaning which are Cognitive, Associative, and then Autonomous. First, cognitive stage (Film Study) is the stage which is gathering the information. Film study is important to me because I get to visually learn and prepare myself for a practices/games. Next, Associative stage (Practice) is the stage where I will put the the information I learned to work. Practice is essential because it helps improve skills by training the body cognitively and physically. It’s more a hand on approach which will gives me feedback instantly. Last, Autonomous stage (Strength and Conditioning) is the stage where an athlete tunes up with improvement to be effective in practices. Strength and Conditioning Is the most important to me because I am tending to my body needs and preparing to be the best athlete I can. I focus on the Autonomous f (Strength and Conditioning) first even though the Motor Leaning Graph have Autonomous stage last. Strength and Condition to me is the tools for a proper offseason. Having a great offseason is the set up for a great season.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I really don’t have any worries, I live by God and have seen him take me through many adversities powering me through the strength of Jesus. Also, I like to do yoga at night to clear my head to restart. For a quick fix, I sometimes lay down and put my legs up against the wall for 10 minutes just to clear my head instantly.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?I once failed a exam in biomechanics. It was a big one that was worth a lot of points. I overcame it instantly by;
• Method: I usually take 3 steps (Walk away), take a deep breath, accept it then find the solution of how I will get past the obstacle. After doing the that method, I worked hard and aced the next exam and earned an A in the class still.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• Being Leader, motivator, hard worker. Some people compliment me bravery, intelligence, and being trustworthy
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• Emanuel Hall. When I played safety for Mizzou I had the liberty to battle with some great receivers during practice on a daily basics. Emanuel Hall was one of them players that I had to run full speed with every time we went at it.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• Real Estate. I want to put my Kinesiology Degree to work and own a gym one day. I feel going the Real Estate route will take me on the path that can help my family and I.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room, My Mom always said that I’m a better person when my room is clean. A clean room will help start off the day fresh and end the day fresher. Also, a clean room is another way to keep my head clear.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• I’m saving anybody I can. Of course I would love to get my family member first but I’m saving whoever close to me.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Static Shock because we look similar. I also feel like static story line is similar to a guy like me. I spend a lot of my time being a undercover superhero by spreading positive energy to family members and friends that are around my life. I try to pick up anyone I feel that needs picking up.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• My biggest adversity in my life was when I tore my ACL back in 2015. I finally made it to the highest level of college football (SEC) but I got injured. I overcame this adversity by first accepting it quickly. Once I accepted it, I was ready to grind so I can move forward back to the glory days of my life. Currently, I making steps to get where I want go daily. I had to take the backstreets instead of the interstate. It made me see the beauty world and also help me appreciate life more.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• My most embarrassing moment was when I attended a class that wasn’t mines. I did an ice breaker and the teacher told me that I wasn’t on the role. lmao
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• Had to be this year when I made a force fumble on the first defensive play of the game. This fumble made my team get the ball on their opponents 30 yard line. We scored and never looked back as we earned our first win of the season.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• YFN x Letter From Lucci
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• Speed and Effort! Nobody on the field is going to give more effort combined with this speed God bless me with.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• Jesus. Call God
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Pierre Caribbean and Hip Hop Dance Club. From salsa to riding a dirt bike, you can find it here!
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• Lamar Jackson. I feel like he’s proving everybody wrong that didn’t believe in him.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Respected. Even Jesus had haters. The best players in any sport have haters.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Kevin Grooms. A Neighborhood legend
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I love to win! I don’t hate to lose because I know even the greatest soldiers take L’s. Them L’s are lessons which are set ups for future success.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• My Mom, I get my drive from her. She such a strong woman that been through so much adversity. She’s also a mentor to tons of people which she spread positivity to their lifes.