- Name: Gage McClanahan
- Height: 6’3
- Weight: 220
- Position: QB
- College: St. Norbert College
- Twitter: @gmac6_
Tell us about your hometown, and what you love most about it?
• Im from Dallas, TX and the best part of it has to be the people. Even though it is a big city, there are tons of great people that truly care for you.
List these three in order of importance and why: Film Study, Strength and Conditioning and Practice?
• Of the three, I would put strength and conditioning first, then film study and then practice. I think strength and conditioning is the most important because in order to be able to compete at a high level you have to get your body prepared for everything. I think film study is next because after you get your body physically ready to play, you have get your mind ready. Practice would be next because that is where you have to perfect your craft, master your teams scheme, and get ready for gamely.
What do you worry about, and why?
• I worry about under performing on the field. I think I worry about that because I work so hard off the field that it would be upsetting to not get the job done.
Give me an example of when you failed at something. How did you react and how did you overcome failure?
• Junior year of college, I lost in my first career start pretty bad and was extremely disappointed in how I played. But I didn’t shut down, I got back into the film room and the practice field, learned from my mistakes and moved on. The very next week I went onto have a 5 TD game and lead my team to an OT win.
What do your teammates say is your best quality?
• They would definitely say it is my confidence or leadership. I play with an edge that others can follow and believe in.
Who is the best player you have ever played against in college?
• I would have to say Sam Romanski of Wisconsin-Eua Claire. That guy had a motor and played with a lot of grit.
What would your career be if you couldn’t play football?
• I would be a coach without a doubt. I love this game too much and feel I have a calling to be a coach once football is over.
Room, desk and car – which do you clean first?
• Room for sure, that is where I am most of the time so if that’s filthy than I feel filthy.
If there was a disaster and you could either save three strangers or one family member, which would you choose and why?
• Family member for sure, my family Is everything to me and I’ll do whatever it takes to protect them.
If you could be any television or movie character, who would you be and why?
• Ricky Bobby because If I controlled an offense, I would just want to go fast.
Tell me about your biggest adversity in life and how you’ve dealt with or overcome it?
• It would be losing the QB battle my sophomore year, I could’ve just quit football and moved on with my life but I knew that I had more to do on the field. I just put my head down and went back to work.
What is your most embarrassing moment?
• Definitely missing multiple wide open layups my senior year of high school basketball.
What was the most memorable play of your collegiate career?
• It has to be my first touchdown here at St Norbert against Wisconsin-Eua Claire. I was a grad transfer here so the first one was a memorable one for me.
What song best describes your work ethic?
• Im on one by Dj Khaled
What is the most important trait you can have (Physical or Non-Physical) to help you succeed at the next level?
• I think mine is grit. Im never going to give up on my team and im always going to get back up when I get knocked down.
If you could bring one person back from the dead for one day, who would it be and why?
• It would be Bear Bryant because I would love to pick his brain on the game of football and how he was so successful.
If you were to open a dance club, what would you name it?
• Shake it off…… shout to TSwift
Who is the most underrated player in the NFL?
• I would say Deshaun Watson, the guy is a magician of a QB and doesn’t get enough respect for what he can do.
Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?
• Definitely be respected because people trust and follow the people they respect. A true leader is respected.
What player who had his career derailed by off-field issues do you feel for the most and why?
• Johnny Manziel without a doubt. Being a Texas kid, this guy was a legend for everything he did at Texas AM. He had all the talent to be special in the league but just had to much stuff keeping him unfocused.
Do you love to win, or hate to lose?
• I hate to lose more than I love to win because I expect to win due to all the work I put into this game. When I lose it seems as if all my work was for no reason.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life and explain why?
• Without a doubt, both of my parents. They have done everything for me and helped me get to where I am today. One day I hope to do the same for my kids.
Follow Us on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
NFL Draft Diamonds
- Did You See This:Fantasy Doctors: Josh Jacobs Injury Update, The Raiders RB is fighting a hip injury… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 44 mins ago
- 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Interview: Branden Hohenstein, TE, Abilene Christian nfldraftdiamonds.com/2020/08/brande… #NFL… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 45 mins ago
- Sad story here twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/…
about 51 mins ago
- Last Chance:Former Alabama linebacker William “Rowdy” Harrell and his wife killed in a car accident on their honeym… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…
about 53 mins ago